Banco Nacional website issue

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Banco Nacional website issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    costakai

Is anybody else experiencing problems with BNCR website? I wire funds twice monthly to our caretakers and have not been able to sign in the past 3 days. The page does not even appear.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I was signed in earlier this morning and the website worked fine. What address are you accessing?

costakai

I have been going to http://www.bncr.fi.cr/ but when that didn’t load I googled banco nacional de costa rica. The same website appears but will not load. I tried another web browser as well as a coworkers computer but no luck. Strange. I’m wondering if I’m not seeing my mistake.

Thanks for the reply David.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hmmm . . . I’m assuming you’re coming in from outside Costa Rica whereas I’m in-country. Our experiences could be different although that’s not likely the problem.

Are you using a VPN that blocks your true IP address? Maybe BN sees that.

Also, the BN website uses Java about which there have been security issues lately. Do you have Java fully enabled?

Or might your security software be getting into the way? If you’re trying to access BN from work, can you get in from home?

The web address you listed looks like the one I use, too.

costakai

I am in the states currently but have never had this problem before. I’m not very technical, but will check into the Java enabling. I noticed an update from Java coincidentally. If not I’ll check the security update as well.

Thanks again.

Kai

saratoga

There is a problem since last Wednesday.
    I am able to access from our clubhouse here in Florida but not from my apartment. My son in New York has no problem.
    ATT at the clubhouse and Comcast here at home.

Facebook had some comment about a problem BNCR was experiencing in some areas.

Right now, I can get as far as the homepage and then an error displays, so they may be making progress?

gkbiz

Was having same problem so I called BNCR for support. Answer was that this problem is happening to users in North America (outside of CR)only. I followed the instructions they emailed me and the site worked again immediately.
    Tried to cut and paste to post on WLCR but the included images would not show. Send me a private email and I will forward the BNCR “fix” that they sent me. It is for PC’s and not Macs.
    You can also call them (I use Skype to their telephone) and they will send you the solution directly. 506-2211=2000. Ask for Support Cliente Anglaise (support in English).

costakai

Thanks for the info. I had a tech guy login to my computer and after an hour he said it seemed to be a Comcast issue. Its resolved now though. I’ll send you an email and if you can reply with the BNCR ‘fix’, I’ll save it for future use in case this happens again.

Thanks

kai

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.