Banco Nacional setting up bank account on-line

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Banco Nacional setting up bank account on-line

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    donbuc
    Participant

Help. I am trying to open up on line access to my bank account.
    The account was opened under my corp. I go to the register on line
    screen. I enter the debit card #. the pin #. the security # from the back of the card. And my Identification #. I think the problem is with my i.d. #. I was told my id # was 15 digits long. which is my passport # preceded by the number 3 and 5 zeros. the instructions on the web site call out for 9 digits. Has anybody done this before ? if so help please.

wmaes47

donbuc

I assume you are trying to access your account online through the web.

What bank are you using?

Did you get an International Debit Card or a CR Only use card?

What are you trying to do online?

This will segregate the people that can help you.

Cheers
    Bill Maes

donbuc
    Participant

I am trying to set up my account for on-line access. the initial access requires you to register first. As I stated above was the steps I used. My debit card will be for international use. The bank is Banco Nacional.

thanks
    donbuc

maravilla

An officer at BN just walked me through this process, so I will try to find his handwritten instructions and walk you through this. It probably wants your cedula number, then you have to establish a password — mine was a string of digits a mile long. I’ll be back in a bit when I find my notebook with the instructions. It’s not that hard once you get the hang of it — even a computer dunderhead like me figured it out.

maravilla

Here are the instructions I was given:

http://www.bncr.fi.cr

Go to “Internet Personal”

Your type of account is “Juridico”

You have to enter the name of your corporation and it’s cedula #. Then you have to create a password — mine is 14 digits with letters on both end (I haven’t changed it yet but will have to soon because they expire after X days).

Everything else should be self-explanatory once you get past this point.

wmaes47

I knew if we had clarity we could count on a great person for the best answers… Thanks Maravilla

Talk Soon
    Bill Maes

donbuc
    Participant

Maravilla,
    thanks, for the info. but I think the format has changed.
    Or more info is needed. after going to internet personal you have to go to registro en linea. a new screen appears requiring debit card #,
    atm pin, and debit card security # from back of card and id #
    which after entering numbers in different format, I discovered 12 digits are required. Apparently I dont have the right id #. does any of this ring a bell?

thanks,

donbuc

maravilla

The 12-digit number is your sociedad anonima CEDULA number. You said you had a corporate account, right? So the name on the account must be your corporate name therefore you must use your cedula number as your i.d. I just checked and my i.d. is my cedula. Try that and if it doesn’t work, we’ll go to plan B.

maravilla

Now I remember that I tried to establish my online access the same way you did and it wouldn’t work. It’s NOT your card information that the system wants. Go back to my earlier post and follow those instructions. You MUST be in that “juridica” pull-down menu, then enter your cedula number, dashes and all, and see what happens. I struggled for an hour doing what you were doing, then ran frustrated into Banco Nacional begging for help. It took the bank officer abou 60 seconds to do what I spent an hour not doing.

donbuc
    Participant

Maravilla,

Thanks for the help. After many hours last night I finally got into my account. The problem was with my id#. as you said the cedula juridica # was my id#. Since my cedula # is 10 digits and the system requires 12 digits. I had to add 2 zeros to the end of the number. Thanks for the help.

donbuc

Andrew
    Keymaster

HOORAY! For Maravilla!

maravilla

glad to help. i just went through this whole oreal so i know it’s not as easy as it seems.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.