Aves del Paraiso

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Aves del Paraiso

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

Anyone have an idea a location to buy this plant. I have gone to several viveros in San Jose area and can`t find them. I have a couple in my yard but need more .

Peg

You might try La Garita, there are alot of big viveros to the right off the autopista near Zoo Ave.

anneliseped

About 10 days ago there were about a dozen in the vivero part of EPA in Escazu. They were small and not inexpensive, for Costa Rica, so I left them.
    Annelise

Charlie

Ok , thanks for those responses. I live by the EPA in Curridabat but never seen any there. I´ll check the other store.

Alvaro

Charlie, you should head out to Guapiles as this is where most Costa Rica tropical flower and foliage farms are located due to its perfect growing conditions. There are several viveros on the main road that will be cheaper and of higher quality than the stores in San Jose. If the viveros don’t have Aves del Paraiso, they will point you to a local farm to purchase it from the growers at a fraction of the cost. Take a day trip to Guapiles (45 mins from San Jose) via the Braulio Carrillo highway which is one of the nicest road trips you can take in Costa Rica. There is a good restaurant called “Roberto’s” at the Intersection to Rio Frio where you could stop by for lunch. Another great option is to travel back to San Jose via Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui and stop by at La Paz Waterfall Gardens which is always really nice.

Charlie

Thanks alot for the info. You saved me time and effort. I have a person remodeling our home, he is from Guapiles . I can ask him to look for some in case I can’t make the trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.