ATM Problems with HSBC

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum ATM Problems with HSBC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

Has anyone ever used an ATM where funds were not disbursed yet the account was debited ? Trying to get a feel how difficult will be to correct a situation that happened to me .

It seems like Ive been getting the runaround with the branch of HSBC and it is very frustrating.

Charlie

In case someone replies , the scenario is this , a bit over a month ago I tried to pull $200 out of ATM HSBC San Pedro ,machine stated no funds in that currency available , no big deal happens all the time , later I realized I was debited for that $200 . Branch says I have to dispute with my USA bank , so I did , a few weeks later I was informed that HSBC indicated I did receive those funds . Back to branch ,informed supervisor that I did not get the funds which I why I am disputing . What did HSBC do to verify I recieved those funds , nothing , manager says if transaction number ocurred than that means I received the money . OMG , have to start allover . Not satisfied I asked for an accounting that day in question , they say funds balanced in the machine . If that is is the case , then whoever balances those machines pocketed the $200 . Now I am demanding the video and this is where I been getting the run around now for over 2 weeks . Manager never available , security dept hasnt reviewed, we’ll call you back , etc etc .

If I was a tourist not living here , I would be out the $200 with no way to get it back .

DavidCMurray
    Participant

If it’s any comfort to you (and it may not be), we got involved in a deal with HSBC in which their teller disbursed more money than she should have. The security video was pretty clear in showing what had happened, but it took quite a while for their security guy to get around to dealing with the matter. So maybe there’s hope.

Charlie

If the outcome is interesting I’ll reply again , maybe in a few kore weeks , jajaja.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.