Article by Jason Warner

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Article by Jason Warner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    happygirl

Wow! After reading the article by Jason Warner, I sure am glad that I am not a US citizen.OMG they (government) want too much information.

kimball

Just put a pillow over my face.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Big Brother and his bigger Brother have been in the US for quite a while… It’s not quite as extreme as it is in the UK but it’s going to get worse and with the help of various US experts, Costa Rica is following the same path…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Imxploring
    Participant

Sometimes it’s best just to let sleeping dogs lie… the article might make some folks run out and file forms XXXX and follow up form XXXX… but that just puts you on the radar! And that’s a VERY dangerous place to be!

While I have no problem doing the right thing… I think big brother is just getting a bit too interested in what I’m doing… and mind you I’m not doing anything illegal! Perhaps if they spent a little more time looking into the Madoffs and Stanfords of the world before they manage to steal BILLIONS they’ve impress me… but for now I’m happy flying under the radar in my little world.

leahkay

Hmmmm. One more thing to worry about? Or not?
    That’s a pretty hefty fine. I wonder how many corporation owners are actually aware of this filing requirement.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hmmmm . . . And I wonder how often it’s enforced and under what circumstances.

rcpoppell

That is the $64M question: Any IRS insights out there in taxpayer land??
    I have Limitada SA that holds a vaction home. I also have a bank acct with that corp name as acct holder.
    The bank acct has not had a transaction in over two yrs and the balance is $40.
    The house has generated negligible net rental income (cash). It does pay for itself.
    ….any opinons on “run right out and file” vs. staying off the RADAR?
    …any ideas on how the IRS reconciles US taxpayers with the CR corps?

enduro

There is a story in Am Costarica friday about UBS in Switzerland having to give up names of 52000 american account holders… in part of the story it states that Costa Rica has agreed, under similar pressure from the US, to pass legislature to effect banks to report US account holders to the IRS in the US. This obviously hasn’t passed yet… but it is said to be in the works… we all know that will take a while…
    here’s the link to the story…

Enduro

archer

Hi Scott,

“Costa Rica is following the same path…”

Can you provide some details in this regard, please?
    My thought was that being so much less advanced economically BB would be less concerned …

Archer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.