Anyone want some company?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Anyone want some company?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My gentleman and I are going to be in Costa Rica from Aug. 8 – Aug. 22. If anyone would like to spend some time (lunch, a day out, whatever), please let me know. Although we’re “seniors”, we’re very young at heart. As a matter of fact, we need to find some dancing while we’re there.

Edited on Aug 02, 2006 07:54

scottbenson

Well if you want a Tico experiance I might be interested. My wife a Tica and I will be in CR for mothers day on the 14th and then we leave on the 21st. Many times we meet people from the U.S. and bring them home for a nice tico dinner. (Last time we met a man that at one time was a player in the Knicks basket ball team in the middle of San Jose.)

kkirk101

Speaking of company……
    Hi I am going to see Costa Rica probably about 8/16/06.
    I will be there about a week and I want to get a feel for the Country. I may retire there soon.

Can anyone please give me some good pointers of places to travel? Maybe contacts of Americans living there. Weather conditions this time of year? Anything?

Thanks!

We’ll definitely be looking forward to meeting with you, Scott. Have a safe trip down!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

If you’re thinking of retiring here, the best advice is to concentrate on the Central Valley where about 75% of the population lives. It’s the most comfortable and has the best amenities. I think you’ll find the coastal areas hot and humid all year.

That said, I strongly recommend George Lundquist’s four-day tour of the Central Valley which is aimed at those thinking of living here. He’ll not only show you a variety of areas but a variety of housing options, shopping opportunities, medical care facilities, etc. And George is a wealth of knowledge about life in Costa Rica. Just spending four days with him is worth the price of admission.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Marilyn and “gentleman”, if you’re going to be in the Grecia neighborhood, maybe we could meet for lunch or dinner. If you want to spend the night, we know a great B&B that may have space. Alas, we’re in the guest house ’til the main house is finished.

Dave

That would be wonderful, Dave!

We have reservations at a B&B in the Grecia area for the entire trip. It just seemed more sensible for us to have a place to leave everything and to return back at night even if this meant very long days.

Please send me some contact information (email, phone, whatever) so that we can make arrangements. Several weeks ago I sent you a personal email from this site, but I think it may have gone into your spam folder (my yahoo spam account currently has 2138 of them). Gads! Next time I’ll write from a different email address than the one I use here.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hi, Marilyn,

Where are you staying in Grecia?

You can e-mail us at: daveandmarcia@racsa.co.cr or call 444-1782. And when will you be here?

Dave

P.S. I get enough spam that I delete whatever I don’t recognize the source of. Sorry if I deleted your mail by mistake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.