Anyone know of a Costa Rica B&B For Sale?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Anyone know of a Costa Rica B&B For Sale?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

I would agree with you 100%. Apart from your own security concerns, I can’t imagine a family with lots of children would be something that your guests would enjoy ‘if’ you all lived in the same building

Having totally separate living quarters would seem to be a very sensible idea.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jenny

Scott, is correct, I may not cook, clean or cut grass. I manage the people who do and manage the business. Your day can be a 12 hour day. My status is retired and I am working by choice, and doing what I like to do.

When we have a guest that arrives at 1am or a guest that leaves at 4am our workers are not here. I manage the workers all day and when they leave for the day, my work begins. My workers dont put in as many hours as I do.

It takes work and MONEY

jenny

JReeves, it was not your statement that I directed my comment to it was the reaction to your statement. My comments were not meant to devalue the quality concern of your statement.

When it comes to our precious children, nothing should be overlooked. You sound like a good Daddy and we need a bunch of them.

jreeves

Thank you Jenny – although I’m a mom, not a dad 🙂 My husband is a good daddy, though!

Jessica

jenny

Jessica, that applies to moms to. We need more people concerned about the children and not so concerned about making money. I wish my husband and I would have concentrated more on caring for our children and less on, having the right house in the right neighborhood and driving the right car. We would have done a much better job. So, stay encouraged it pays off.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Jessica, if you are a family of six, then your own needs for accommodation are not insignificant. And if you (rightly enough) have concerns about maintaining some separation between your family and potential guests, then why not find a likely location and build the facility you want from scratch?

The likelihood of finding an existing place that meets all your needs seems rather remote. On the other hand, there’s lots of real estate for sale in Costa Rica and there are few restrictions on its use. If you build your family’s living quarters from the ground up, you can be fairly well assured that you’ll get what you want and that maintenance in the early years, at least, will be minimal.

Taking the same approach, if what you want is (say) a six-room B&B, then build one. If you want it to have a separate entrance from the road, put one in. And if you want a barrier between the family’s quarters and the B&B, install one.

You may find that building from scratch is less expensive than renovating something that already exists because you don’t have to tear anything out before you erect what you want, it may be less time consuming, and the final product may be much better.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.