Another investment scam operated by expats in Costa Rica? Philip Jarman in the news….

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Another investment scam operated by expats in Costa Rica? Philip Jarman in the news….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Another huge investment scam operated by expats in Costa Rica? Philip Jarman in the news….

Montreal Gazette – Companies connected to money-laundering scandal. “How does the extended family behind the Voyageur Foundation – a Costa Rica-based organization that is unable to return $65 million worth of investments to its Canadian members – find the time to run 69 corporations in two Central American countries? And why are so many of these companies connected to a Panamanian money laundering scandal involving former Nicaraguan president Arnoldo Alemán?”

[ http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Companies+connected+money+laundering+scandal/4767974/story.html ]

Teetering on the edge. “In a tale that seems sadly familiar, up to 1,000 investors from Quebec and Alberta could be out up to $65 million after getting involved with an investment company scheme featuring a Honduran vault containing gold bars, secret Panamanian bank accounts and an Ecuadorean gold mine. “They tell you that if you put $25,000 in Voyageur – in 10 years you’ll have $800,000,” one disaffected Quebec member said.

[ http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/todays-paper/Teetering+edge/4586680/story.html ]

“Philip Jarman, is a Canadian who has lived in Costa Rica for 11 years. His interest in Monetary Reform dates from the 1980’s, when Professor John Hotson, from Canada’s University of Waterloo, led a “Think Tank” that regularly proposed sovereign alternatives to the government’s subservient monetary policy. Now in 2011, with the situation even more ominous, Philip believes that millions of men and women of good will, will embrace the emerging platform and principles of the Second Republic Movement, believing them to be their nation’s last best chance to pursue policies that prosper and protect the nation and its people.

[ http://secondrepublicproject.com/blog/2011/03/30/white-paper-no-2-monetary-policy-implementation/ ]

Any of our Canadian VIP Members know more about this Philip Jarman, his extremely questionable activities and super-human managerial abilities?

Scott

costaricafinca
    Participant

I have been following this info with interest…
    And as a Canadian, I haven’t heard anything about it until now.
    It seems to have only targeted those in Quebec.

aguirrewar

Mosquito Corporation is led by Philip Jarman, who began his flying career in 1967 in Guelph, Ontario. In 1968, he joined the Canadian military, graduating as a pilot in 1970. He flew Sea Kings in Canada’s navy from HMCS Preserver serving as a maintenance test pilot until 1974. At that point he moved his family west to begin a 25 year career as a commercial pilot in British Columbia. He has accumulated 14,000 hours, 8000 of which have been on 6 helicopter types. In 1997 he invented the Standing Stem Harvesting System for helicopters, which is now a selective harvesting method used in Canada’s forest industry. He now lives and works in Costa Rica.

Andrew
    Keymaster

And as a professional helicopter pilot he learned to manage the investments for 1,000 people…

Which reminds me… Did you hear the one about the Indian who wanted to be more like a Marine pilot?

An Indian named Brown Elk walked into the saloon. He was a giant of a man with a six-shooter tucked into his belt, so no one dared ask why he was carrying a pail of manure in one hand and a small cat in the other.

“I’ll have a whiskey,” he told the bartender, and after downing the shot Brown Elk ordered another. Then another. Finally, after his fourth drink, the Indian pulled out his revolver, fired several shots into the bucket, released the cat, then ran after it. When he caught it, he returned to the bar.

“Excuse me,” said the alarmed bartender, serving him a drink on the house, “but would you mind telling me what that was all about?”

“My father told me to try and be more like a Marine Corps helicopter pilot”, he answered. “So, I came here to have a few drinks, shoot the shit and chase a little pussy.”

Jee! Jee!

Scott,
    I am a former Army Vietnam helicopter pilot. We taught Marine helicopter pilots, how to drink, shoot the shit and chase women from 500 feet, through AK-47 and RPG fire. Thanks for bringing back some good memories!!!!!!!!!!

maravilla

Wow — $25,000 to $800,000 in just ten years???? anyone who would invest in such a scam is just plain greedy. they won’t get any sympathy from me if they lost their shirts, and/or money!

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”Disabled Veteran”]Scott,
    I am a former Army Vietnam helicopter pilot. We taught Marine helicopter pilots, how to drink, shoot the shit and chase women from 500 feet, through AK-47 and RPG fire. Thanks for bringing back some good memories!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Ha! Bloody brilliant!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.