Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Moving to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Moving to Costa Rica

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    GEEGEE

MY DEAR MARAVILLA,

DID YOU,ADD YOURSELF TO THE LIST?????
    YOU must be speaking of ALL THE AMERICANS INCLUDING YOURSELF THAT HAVE COME TO C.RICA AND DID THE SAME THING TO THEM.. CELEBRITYS OR NOT, WE HAVE DONE THE SAME TO THESE PEOPLE. THEY CANT AFFORD TO BUY YOUR PROPERTY OR HOME
    AND YOU HAVE SOME OF THEM WORKING FOR YOU NOW OR IN THE PAST.

STOP, STOP, STOP..THIS INSANITY. GO HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS
    AND FEEL BLESSED YOU ARE HERE…!!!

GG

[quote=”maravilla”]my husband and i made a list last night of every place we could think of that was destroyed by the cult of celebrity, going back to the 60’s when out of the way, hard to get to places got discovered by the rich and the famous. soon the locals had to move out because they couldn’t afford to live there anymore, and then they became the slaves of the rich because those were the only jobs available. Think Porto Cervo, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Todos Santos, Ibiza, Mykonos, etc etc. initially all those little places were happy about being discovered until the herd moved in and changed their lives forever.[/quote]

smekuly

Gee Gee

Insanity???

why would you say insanity??? maravilla is in my opinion n making a very valid and non emotion observational point of view.

she is NOT one of the people you describing. in fact it is my understanding that she lives a very humble simple life by her own choosing on $1000 per month..

Gee gee.. tell me

do you think someone who comes to this country and learns the culture and blends as much as they can into the culture. and tries to live on or close to the common tico lifestyle here different that

brad pitt coming here to live???

gee gee.. ok let me ask you differently

who do you think would make a lesser of an actual footprint here ins costa rica of the 2???

I can generally place americans into 2 catagories

ones who actually comes here and learns the culture and tries to adapt to this country, like learning the language, cultures, manners, etc

and then there are those that come here and say

hey… how come you dont speak english???:)

aguirrewar

easy answer SMOKES:

I was born and raised in the Caribbean islands but have worked in the USA for 40 years

Y hablo, leo, escribo el Espanol muy bien

still when I go to CR, I am considered a GRINGO

not only is my wife from CR but my first born son also and just because I make a salary in $$$ and not in colones, I am different from them

am I upset with this thinking from the average CR citizen?? NOPE!!

50% of my wifes family has GREEN eyes (envy) on myself but they are silent about it and the other 50% accept me

figure this PUZZLE OUT and get back to me

GEEGEE

I repeat!. Where do you stop the discrimination and
    characterizing of WHO and WHO should, can, would , make the best neightbor here or ANYWHERE? That is insane thinking in my up bringing. That is Not NONE emotional thinking.

Family, was here since 1975 on pennys or millions, what does it matter. Does that make us less desirables? Everyone of us has made a foot print, who is to judge positive or negativly?

PAREMOS esta conversación. Gracias por su opinión.
    PURA VIDA,:)
    GEEGEE

[quote=”smekuly”]Gee Gee

Insanity???

why would you say insanity??? maravilla is in my opinion n making a very valid and non emotion observational point of view.

she is NOT one of the people you describing. in fact it is my understanding that she lives a very humble simple life by her own choosing on $1000 per month..

Gee gee.. tell me

do you think someone who comes to this country and learns the culture and blends as much as they can into the culture. and tries to live on or close to the common tico lifestyle here different that

brad pitt coming here to live???

gee gee.. ok let me ask you differently

who do you think would make a lesser of an actual footprint here ins costa rica of the 2???

I can generally place americans into 2 catagories

ones who actually comes here and learns the culture and tries to adapt to this country, like learning the language, cultures, manners, etc

and then there are those that come here and say

hey… how come you dont speak english???:)[/quote]

smekuly

Gee Gee

I think you may be misinterpreting this discussion

I personally have no problems with celebrities wanting to move wherever they want.. its just observations of the impact in the area when they do as miravilla commented

there is no discrimination here.

only valid intelligent observations

it’s the same situation and this has happened many many times before

if you happened to live in a really nice upscale neighborhood

and over the years.. it transformed to lets say an undesirable place and all of the people moved out and alot different types of people moved in.

would I be a racist or discrimminatiing.. making a decision to move because i do not like what had happened the the neighborhood??

I don’t think so.. but that is my humble opinion 🙂

in the event some high powered high attention celebrity moved next door to me..

I would wait and access situation over time and see how this impacts my quality of life

and if it does

then I sell and leave. simple

am I the only one that can be honest and discuss these types of things without being labeled anything???

one of the reasons I moved here was because i enjoy the culture of women here to the effect that they take care of thier men and I of course take care of my wife

women are women and men are men here as opposed to the gender confusion we have back in the U.S.

sorry.. this is a different conversation 🙂

maravilla

finally. . . someone who gets the point i was making. it’s not discrimination AT ALL — it is an observation that i have made over the last 35 years of living in places that were utterly destroyed by the rich (including my little town in colorado) who really make no social contribution other than throwing around some money. it’s not like brad and jolie are rocket scientists or nobel winners or contributors to culture except to impersonate people they aren’t or who never existed. sigh.

smekuly

maravilla

your right on point 🙂

good to see some level headed non emotional observations going on.

instead of

can’t we all just get along mentality 😀

clewis

[quote=”smekuly”]maravilla

your right on point 🙂

instead of

can’t we all just get along mentality :D[/quote]

You are both wrong. You have so much hate in your hearts you have to vent constantly to the rest of us. Blaming it on your “observations” is a cop out. The fact is people are tired of your constant rants and hatred. That is what GEEGEE was pointing out. You were kindly asked to take a break during the Holiday season, but you can’t even do that. There are people here that have tired of your endless radical diatribe. You see what you want to see in your “observations”. Just for a week try to give it a break. Find a little peace in your hearts.

agarcia

[quote=”clewis”][quote=”smekuly”]maravilla

your right on point 🙂

instead of

You are both wrong. You have so much hate in your hearts you have to vent constantly to the rest of us. Blaming it on your “observations” is a cop out. The fact is people are tired of your constant rants and hatred. That is what GEEGEE was pointing out. You were kindly asked to take a break during the Holiday season, but you can’t even do that. There are people here that have tired of your endless radical diatribe. You see what you want to see in your “observations”. Just for a week try to give it a break. Find a little peace in your hearts.[/quote]

AMEN to that clewis.

gustavot

I think that I just saw Brad P. in AutoMercado Lindora, Santa Ana.

smekuly

Clewis

[size=200]Great Caesars Ghost !!![/size][b][/b]

your right!!!

you have just opened my eyes to all the hate I have in my heart.

thank you thank you thank you 🙂

I applaud your acumen and insight

and I will now bow out and go and try to mend my wrongful and closed minded ways.

thank you and I wish you a merry christmas sir.. please forgive me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

stevie

PS. I teach my kids a very valid belief

there are only 2 things in this world you should ever fear

God!! because of course he is the might and merciful

and also the ignorant masses.

[quote=”agarcia”][quote=”clewis”][quote=”smekuly”]maravilla

your right on point 🙂

instead of

You are both wrong. You have so much hate in your hearts you have to vent constantly to the rest of us. Blaming it on your “observations” is a cop out. The fact is people are tired of your constant rants and hatred. That is what GEEGEE was pointing out. You were kindly asked to take a break during the Holiday season, but you can’t even do that. There are people here that have tired of your endless radical diatribe. You see what you want to see in your “observations”. Just for a week try to give it a break. Find a little peace in your hearts.[/quote]

AMEN to that clewis.[/quote]

maravilla

smekuly — you made me spew eggnog all over my laptop with your comments! i, too, am repenting for all the hate in my heart (NOT!), and now i am going to watch the documentary on how the CIA was running drugs out of Latin America. Have a wonderful Festivus or whatever ya’ll celebrate! As for the radical diatribe, when the US stops waging war in the name of profit and greed, and training death squads that murder hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children, then i will shut up, but not until then, so i guess that will be never!!! jejejeje

Blessings to all. . . especially the radicals! (We need more blessings that other folks!)

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.