An Addendum to U. S. Govt., etc……

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum An Addendum to U. S. Govt., etc……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jdocop

post removed so as to avoid any risk of offending forum members.

maravilla

john, i have seen you post on numerous boards over the years; your posts are often condescending, arrogant, and just plain rude or mean. and yes, you do come off as someone who is angry or belligerent. you’ve insulted plenty of people over the years, and oftentimes you are completely misinformed on certain issues — there is a truth according to you, which doesn’t allow for a more in-depth truth that you may not have researched or been made aware of. in other words, you don’t know everything about everything, like most of us. and why is using our real names of any importance to you? i’ve been on the internet as long as you have, and have seen all kinds of crazies get obsessed with a certain person to the point of cyber-stalking them. in my opinion, the internet is rife with whackos, and on the other hand, i have also met some really great people on the boards. revealing our true identities has an inherent risk of danger or haven’t you seen all the warnings about not giving out your personal information on Facebook for the world to see? i get enough exposure being in the media, thank you very much. so i don’t feel compelled to reveal everything to everyone, although there are plenty of people on this board who know who i am.

give it a rest, john.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback John.

I am aware of the rules of the Discussion Forum and as you know from my posting in the thread you are referring to, I try not to ignore the rules, in fact I tried to tone things down saying:

I would also like to request that we treat each other with a little more respect within the Forum… Whether you agree or disagree with someone the tone of our postings can be more polite and we can still disagree respectfully.”

Having said that, this is a free and fairly active Discussion Forum and you will have to forgive me if I don’t analyze each every single word in the tens of thousands of postings we have in the forum.

Apart from writing 600+ articles, filming and editing 100 or so videos, writing a few books and putting up 2,500 articles on this site, I have other business interests that keep me busy and sometimes it even pays me 😆

My hope is that our Discussion Forum will bring us together more as we all help others to enjoy the same wonderful life that most of us have found in Costa Rica.

So whether you vote Republican, Democrat, Tory or Labour we can still try to communicate with each other about hot topics without going ‘ballistic.’

If I may make one suggestion… When we are in a controversial thread and we feel we are getting all hot and bothered… Why not try typing up your response in a .txt file like Notepad (never in .doc or .docx please) and read it over carefully before pasting it into the Discussion Forum?

Then, check the language and the tone of your post once again before you hit that innocent looking little ‘Save’ button.

Lastly, I am not actually the only Moderator on the Forum but we’ll make some changes to how this Forum is moderated in the future which will hopefully improve things…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. Anyone who has been a member of this site for some time will know my entire life story from my articles by now …. The good, the bad and the ugly!

Vmc

You know, John, I really wasn’t going to say anything, but I decided to chime in, but don’t worry, I’ll be polite.
    You seem to be obsessed with whether or not I “Contradict” myself…….???

Show the SPECIFIC example and not an interpretation BY YOU, and we’ll see. Further, YES these forums have our information and content archived, but not everyone is so obsessed with any ONE member that that information is dredged up and spat at them in any other unrelated thread, just because someone doesn’t LIKE another poster.

You seemed to have a fixation with me from day one, you take joy in finding wherever I post (As I am sure you do with other members) and totally disrupting that thread by spewing insults or some form of pontificating that frankly offends all involved….I’ve seen MANY threads where you do JUST THAT.

I never threatened your person, but believe me, you have messed with the wrong people around here and sooner or later, having a big mouth will catch up with you, as there are some out there who can make your life very difficult, and have a lot less restraint than I have learned in my old age.

What you have done to me personally borders on “Cyber Stalking”, if I apply YOUR interpretation of the “LAW”, and I suggest that you need to take a long hard look in a very durable mirror. I never used foul language either, but I guess I hurt your sensitive little ears, and for that I am sorry, but you need to look long and hard in that mirror.

You claim to be acting as “Devil’s Advocate” when in fact you think of yourself as the “Self-Appointed” screen-er of those who want to come to Costa Rica and think it your duty to RUN THEM OFF.

I have heard through Private Message from several other members about their exasperation with your behavior, I don’t think this is the first time you’ve had your personal panties in a wad, and not just against me.

I told Scott that I was regretful about my behavior the other day, and I apologized publicly, while you are WHOLLY unapologetic about the nasty way you speak to and treat others…… I TRIED to be the bigger person at least, while you wrote your dissertation on why I should be ejected from this general area. Well, let me tell you, if I were asked to go away, I would respectfully do so, but I won’t go because I hurt YOUR feelings, you seem to get yours hurt a lot, rather I would bend to the will of those who have some respect, like Scott or many other members who shall remain nameless.

If you think I have injured you legally, then when I get there, I’ll let you know and you can “Lawyer Up” and take a shot, but I won’t let a petty keyboard bully scare me.

So as I HOPE that this whole issue will be laid to rest (If you can let it, regardless of your massive personal injury) and Scott, and the rest of the good people can continue to enjoy this wonderful site, without petty bullying from you or anyone else.

With all due respect, I do however WARN you that dragging up my personal information, whether in a thread or otherwise, and spewing your petty hatred against me and my family any further, MAY in fact be met with a response you don’t want to receive. I don’t think you can afford to anger any more people around here, and I sure don’t want to continue on your path, you will not incite me any further……You play nice and I will too.

So in conclusion, once again, to Scott and all the rest of the members on this wonderful site, I am deeply sorry for letting this petty little man rile me to the response I gave, and for letting it appear that I had less class than someone here bent on bullying and aggravating for the purpose of playing “Devils Advocate”…….I throw myself upon the mercy of the forum Gods and I assure you, John, if I am asked to leave, I will do so, QUIETLY, and without writing a dissertation on YOU, after all, I don’t believe in stalking (without a ghillie suit) as a way of life.

Scott, and whomever the other moderators may be, and my fellow members…..I yield to you.

paumatom

[quote=”jdocop”]

Incidentally, I liked the Abraham Lincoln quote, and thought it was not only appropriate, but well placed, coming as it did, after the posters personal statement, and not before, as his attacker stated.

Well, I’ll make the assumption that I’m the “attacker” in this little scenario and obviously I should have been more precise in my statement. So just to set the record straight.

I would say that the following are the words of Lincoln and they are at the beginning of the entire quote attributed to Lincoln:

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

The rest of the quote, aka the end, I would say is not the work or words of Lincoln. That part is as follows.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them,
    what they could and should do for themselves.

I apologize for not be clearer in my initial post.

Pauldthomas

Scott,
    I think the We Love Costa Rica Forum needs to just focus on questions concerning Costa Rica. Stop writing about the USA and its political problems. If you live in Costa Rica and are thinking about moving there,you should leave your old country behind and start fresh with your new country. Isn’t that why you want residency in Costa Rica? You have to be willing to change in every way to live in Costa Rica or any country you move too. If you are still focusing on the USA and its issues, then why move to Costa Rica, just stay in the USA and deal with it. I hope things will improve on the forum and all the members will be polite to each other!
    Thanks
    DRT

maravilla

it would be one thing if the US left us alone once we left, but noooooooooo, we still have to report all our earnings, report our holdings, report this, report that.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Yes, being a U.S. citizen is a living hell.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”PauldThomas”]Scott,
    I think the We Love Costa Rica Forum needs to just focus on questions concerning Costa Rica. Stop writing about the USA and its political problems. If you live in Costa Rica and are thinking about moving there,you should leave your old country behind and start fresh with your new country. Isn’t that why you want residency in Costa Rica? You have to be willing to change in every way to live in Costa Rica or any country you move too. If you are still focusing on the USA and its issues, then why move to Costa Rica, just stay in the USA and deal with it. I hope things will improve on the forum and all the members will be polite to each other!
    Thanks
    DRT[/quote]

As we can clearly see from the news, the economic and military actions of the USA and their allies affects the entire planet and, it’s understandable that some of our VIP Members get passionate about certain topics …

Just because we live in Costa Rica doesn’t mean that we need to ignore what’s going on around the world.

The bulk of my family and friends live in the UK and also in the USA and although at times, I would like to leave my “old country behind and start afresh” I am naturally concerned as to what may or may not affect my family in the UK and the USA.

Although I am British, I have not lived in the UK since 1985 or the USA since 1996 and no longer follow their politics as much but, surely it’s plain for anyone to see that in using our military and hundreds of thousands of “private contractors” (AKA “mercenaries”) to kill people (as always, most of them are innocent civilians) in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan does have consequences…

The catastrophic global financial meltdown which started in the USA also has serious consequences which we will feel for a very long time to come…

VIP Member Charlie McCormack (retired US military) sent me another article which we’ll publish later this week about his feelings about the new health care bill, national ID and his strong opinions about Israel.

This will probably also stir up some strong feelings too…

His article has nothing to do with Costa Rica but Charlie is one of our VIP Members, he lives in Costa Rica and it will be published because, as a former Royal Marines Commando I have a great deal of respect for others who have served and, like everyone else here, Charlie is entitled to his opinion and it’s a bloody interesting articles.

And yes! I have personally checked all the sources he quotes.

Just like the Discussion Forum, if one of our VIP Members cares to take the time to write a fact filled response which succinctly contradicts Charlie’s article, I’ll be happy to publish that too…

Scott

THIS THREAD IS MOST DEFINITELY CLOSED.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.