Alpacas

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Alpacas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rfmark

Does anyone know of anyone or farms raising Alpacas in Costa Rica? I know there is a lot of cattle but can’t find any info on Alpacas.

Also does anyone remember the information on the Best Map of Costa Rica that was recommended on here a couple months ago? I wanted to get ahold of one but can’t find the info?
    Thanks,
    Rfm

grb1063

Can’t answer the Alpaca question, but in our experience the best map is the National Geographic Adventure map. It is two sided, quite detailed and accurate.

union

I’m looking for some as well… heard of someone who is importing them from the States, hope we won’t have to. Please post info here if you find something out later on.
    Thanks.

rfmark

Thanks grb1063 . I saw Scott had talk about one on here a couple months ago, just can’t find that info. I will check out the other though.

rfmark

union , I have been looking into them in the staes and thought there would also be farms in Costa Rica with them also but can’t find any info on them. Hope someone here has some info on Alpacas in Costa Rica. Let me know if you find out anything.
    Thanks,
    Rich

Jodyehler

I raise alpaces in the states. I am looking into alpacas in Costa Rica? I dont know how hard it would be to transport them. Maybe the high humidity would be to hard on them? Their fleece is very thick and warm. Probably have to shear 2x a year instead of 1x. Let me know if anyone finds them in Costa Rica! I want to retire there or somewhere in Central America. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.