All money transfers in & out of US 2B reported.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum All money transfers in & out of US 2B reported.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Big Brother Gets Bigger – All money transfers in & out of US 2B reported

If any of our VIP Members from the US who transfer money in and out of Costa Rica have yet to report the fact that you have any bank accounts in Costa Rica, you might want to think about doing that real soon …

“The Obama administration wants to require U.S. banks to report all electronic money transfers into and out of the country, a dramatic expansion in efforts to counter terrorist financing and money laundering. ”

“Financial institutions are now required to report to the Treasury Department transactions in excess of $10,000 and others they deem suspicious. The new rule would require banks to disclose even the smallest transfers.”

See full article at: [ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/26/AR2010092603941.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR ]

Another disturbing story confirms what Paul Craig Roberts said last week: “America, as people of my generation knew it, no longer exists.” [ http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts283.html ]

Glenn Greenwald: “… both the Bush and Obama administrations have repeatedly insisted that their secret conduct is legal but nonetheless urge courts not to even rule on its legality. But what’s most notable here is that one of the arguments the Obama DOJ raises to demand dismissal of this lawsuit is “state secrets”: in other words, not only does the President have the right to sentence Americans to death with no due process or charges of any kind, but his decisions as to who will be killed and why he wants them dead are “state secrets,” and thus no court may adjudicate their legality.”

See full article at: [ http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article26460.htm ]

The last ten years have been simply devastating for ‘freedom’ in every form …..

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

gzeniou

not really surprising, under the name of “security” the government can do anything. thats the way the American people want it. “Just like there are unjust people, there are unjust laws” (Ghandi).

Grumbler

Excuse me, but why is this being posted here at all? First of all, your title is misleading as it clearly says “All” in reference to an actuality that involves only transfers in excess of $10,000.00 U. S. Dollars. Amounts UNDER that $10,000 do not have to be reported, and your failure to allow for that is doing a disservice to your members/readers. Beyond that, this is not exactly news, as anyone who has been paying attention over the last several years can tell you.
    that’s just my two cents……….:roll:

Andrew
    Keymaster

Dear Grumbler

If you have a problem with: “The new rule would require banks to disclose even the smallest transfers.”

Please feel free to take it up with the Washington Post…

Scott Oliver

kevin.smith

Police State Amerika. Get out while ya can. If i was so inclined to do more research I’d bet I could find a tidbit of the “patriot act” herein requiring reporting and or the prerequisite for enforcement.:shock:

kevin.smith

Oh and I almost left out al(cia)duh involvment.”Consider me old-fashioned, but I believe you need to show some evidence of criminality before you are granted unfettered access to the private financial affairs of every individual and company that dares to conduct financial transactions overseas.” ~Peter Djinis
    This simply about control over every aspect of the free mans lives!

Grumbler

[quote=”Scott”]Dear Grumbler

If you have a problem with: “The new rule would require banks to disclose even the smallest transfers.”

Please feel free to take it up with the Washington Post…

Scott Oliver[/quote]
    With all due respect, Scott, just because they printed something in error is no excuse for you to compound that error by repeating it. imho, editing would not have been all that difficult, if you are at all interested in truth.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) is part of the United State Department of the Treasury, no?

[ http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/html/20100927.html ]

“The proposal will produce valuable data for law enforcement agencies by having first-in and last-out depository institutions (those institutions that are the first to receive funds transferred electronically from outside the United States or the last U.S. institution to transmit funds internationally) to report all such transmittals of funds. MSBs that conduct CBETF will be required to report international transactions equal to or in excess of $1,000….

So when you say that “Amounts UNDER that $10,000 do not have to be reported” do you mean to say that your US Dept of the Treasury has “printed something in error” and you were right all along?

Scott

johnr

Not that this will really mean anything but according to an article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune (last week) they (the banks) don’t expect this to happen because they are already thousands of transactions behind (10K +) because of the complexity of the Homeland Security computer network. This would result in a crushing amount of work that no one and no government computing system can currently handle. They also said that this includes all Corporate transfers as well which is delaying overseas payments to suppliers and in some cases US Company foreign subsidiary payrolls.

grb1063

Personal transport of funds is all that is left. The US FINCEN computer automatically flags any single transaction over $3,000, with more significance being placed on transactions above $10,000, which is also the thresshold for having to report cash or equal sum in negotiable instruments leaving the country on your person. That would be $9,999 that can take with you and double if travelling with spouse. Just keep withdrawls well below $3,000 far enough ahead of a trip. 4-$2,500 withdrawls four days in a row before leaving the country could trip something up, especially since FIONCEN also looks for patterns.

sprite

At this point in the “game”, it is wise to put this in perspective. I am hearing some indignation about loss of “rights”. We are worker slaves and we have NO rights to lose. A constitution is just a piece of paper with printed words and that is all our currency is too. The money we use is not real wealth. It is fiat currency and is just as fake and empty as the constitution. The banks create currency right out of thin air at will just as our constitution is ignored at will. Even when they distribute this fake currency to us, it does not belong to us. They retain ownership of the economy and the fiat currency that they create. Just as we have no real wealth, we have no real rights either.
    Your so-called private bank account belongs the government and the government can seize it at any time. If the money you think is in your possession was really yours, how could anyone force you to report its whereabouts? How could anyone take some or all of it from you? Yet this is what is happening to nearly everyone.
    I consider the world banks and many governments to be enemies of human society. In today’s world, with a decomposing ecology and an unraveling world economic system, self preservation involves seeing this reality and behaving accordingly.

kevin.smith

[quote=”sprite”]At this point in the “game”, it is wise to put this in perspective. I am hearing some indignation about loss of “rights”. We are worker slaves and we have NO rights to lose. A constitution is just a piece of paper with printed words and that is all our currency is too. The money we use is not real wealth. It is fiat currency and is just as fake and empty as the constitution. The banks create currency right out of thin air at will just as our constitution is ignored at will. Even when they distribute this fake currency to us, it does not belong to us. They retain ownership of the economy and the fiat currency that they create. Just as we have no real wealth, we have no real rights either.
    Your so-called private bank account belongs the government and the government can seize it at any time. If the money you think is in your possession was really yours, how could anyone force you to report its whereabouts? How could anyone take some or all of it from you? Yet this is what is happening to nearly everyone.
    I consider the world banks and many governments to be enemies of human society. In today’s world, with a decomposing ecology and an unraveling world economic system, self preservation involves seeing this reality and behaving accordingly.[/quote]Awesome post my friend!

sprite

It’s good to know others see this. It won’t change anything but it’s still good to know.

wspeed1195

[quote=”sprite”]It’s good to know others see this. It won’t change anything but it’s still good to know.[/quote]having neighbors, and contacts or places like this that wipe the sleep from our eyes is in part A change.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.