Airport in S Zone / Real story?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Airport in S Zone / Real story?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    2bncr

OK so what is or is not going on over there? Has anyone seen any construction or land movement that indicates there will be an airport? And if so what kind? I believe it was written that it will be only capable of handling small planes that may fly to Panama city or David or Granda/Managua. What gives really?

[quote=”2bncr”]OK so what is or is not going on over there? Has anyone seen any construction or land movement that indicates there will be an airport? And if so what kind? I believe it was written that it will be only capable of handling small planes that may fly to Panama city or David or Granda/Managua. What gives really?[/quote]

Did you catch the reference in the Home Page story about the International Travel recommendation of CR Real Estate?
    Here’s the quote from the story:
    “I am also sure that the property investment also took into account the fact that Costa Rica’s 3rd international airport is earmarked for opening in 2014. Considering what a new airport did to property values in Guanacaste, it’s little wonder that investors are turning their attention towards the South Pacific.”

As in the past, I’m sure Scott will set the record straight in a correction. International Airports don’t just fall together in a couple of years. I enjoyed the story, I just don’t think the accuracy is all there.

2bncr

“I just don’t think the accuracy is all there.”

Accuracy / smaccuracy!

(To which were you refering, the realtor thread or the airport thread???)

Tomato / Tomaato; Realtor / Reeltor; Sales agent / Sales agente; cow pasture / run way!

What’s the difference. We are only investing six figures or so! No biggie…

baontheriver

[quote=”2bncr”]OK so what is or is not going on over there? Has anyone seen any construction or land movement that indicates there will be an airport? And if so what kind? I believe it was written that it will be only capable of handling small planes that may fly to Panama city or David or Granda/Managua. What gives really?[/quote]

You are right about it being a small regional airport. I just read that they are now moving forward on it again but the delays seen in Liberia it will probably be 2015. A couple of land owners were fighting the sale of their land but the goverment should have it by now. They had to improve the roads in the area, run new electrical lines, build a hospital large enough to handle jet crashes and I heard that they also made them build a school. I can’t confirm the school but the roadways, electric lines and hospital are complete so now they can start. The hospital sits mostly empty but looks very nice.

bogino
    Participant

In the meantime….what was once a beautiful nature setting with an incredible landscape will become trashed as the area gradually evolves into a Tourist Trap.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have certainly written articles ‘poo-pooing’ the idea about a truly “international” airport ….

Costa Rica’s Invisible New International Airport (??)

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/648.cfm ]

Costa Rica’s New International Airport – Government has discarded the megaproject in Osa pushed by previous administration.

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/2764.cfm ]

Costa Rica’s New Airport to be Built in Palmar Sur – Budget for technical study only confirmed.

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/1530.cfm ]

Costa Rica’s New International Airport to be Built in the Sierpe Valley – Maybe…

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/944.cfm ]

The first one was at least six years ago…

For example, I don’t think that “international flights” from Europe, the U.S. and Canada will be landing in the Southern Zone any time in the next 25 years but, if someone is saying it would be an “international” airport meaning flights could go in and out of there to and from Panama etc., I guess you could call that “international”.

At some stage in the near future I’ll try to have this clarified for our readers…

Scott

2bncr

Well future tarnished tourist trap is about right. See it while you can. I mean I was just there and everything was for sale at non competitive prices. personally the last two years on the coast I believe to be only a prelude to the much deeper declines in property values…

Way too much inventory and Costa Rica no matter what International Living says has been tarnished by eroding social values and crime not to mention the absurd amount of unfinished projects scaring the coast line… and the never ending cost of living rising while the women here become more americanized daily. I would trade every dime of eroding equity to return to how it was…

But what do I know…

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”2bncr”] while the women here become more americanized daily.[/quote]

You mean…..FAT? :lol::lol:

Captholic

[quote=”bogino”][quote=”2bncr”] while the women here become more americanized daily.[/quote]

You mean…..FAT? :lol::lol:[/quote]

Funny, but sadly true.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.