Aguinaldo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Aguinaldo

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

Since we are new to this, we would like to get it correct:

Part-time employee with variable income: 1/12 of total income for the year.

Caretaker who receives free housing: 1/12 of value of housing?

Does the caretaker also get wages, or only free housing ? What kind of contract do you have ?

The other one, 1/12 is o.k.

They also get vacations, 1 day per month.

If they don´t take those days off, you calculate 1/26 of the received wages.

davidd

[quote=”elindermuller”]Does the caretaker also get wages, or only free housing ? What kind of contract do you have ?

The other one, 1/12 is o.k.

They also get vacations, 1 day per month.

If they don´t take those days off, you calculate 1/26 of the received wages.[/quote]

elindermuller

where can I send over my bank account details so you can deposit my aguinaldo 🙂

VictoriaLST

A new question: Does every employee get aquinaldo or is it just Ticos? What about an employee from Nicaragua?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I think we can safely assume that the [i]aguinaldo[/i] applies to anybody – of any nationality – who is employed in Costa Rica as they will all be protected by Costa Rica’s rather complicated Labor Laws.

Scott

VictoriaLST

Perfecto Scott – as always.

Scott is right, this also applies for vacations, social security and workers insurance.
    Make sure the Nicaraguan workers have work permit.

costaricafinca
    Participant

By law, even if your worker does not have a work permit, you are required to pay the [i]aguinaldo[/i] and some may also have to pay out an extra month of both alimony and child support.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[u]Who[/u] has to pay an extra month of alimony and child support, crf, and to whom?

costaricafinca
    Participant

Those who are presently paying either alimony or child support [u]must[/u] pay an extra month to the recipient, according to CR law.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Whew! It sounded like you were saying that the employer had to pay the extra alimony and child support.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

With the Aguinaldo does that also include paying into Costa Rica’s pension an additional 13th payment?

davidd

[quote=”jmcbuilder”]With the Aguinaldo does that also include paying into Costa Rica’s pension an additional 13th payment?[/quote]

jmcbuilder

do you have my aguinaldo ready???:D:D:D

costaricafinca
    Participant

No, just the extra month salary plus any other benefits you have provided over the year that you paid to the worker, including overtime, holiday pay. If it is a domestic worker, the calculation of wages must include an estimate of the value of food and lodging supplied, not just regular wages.
    If your employee has worked more than one month, but less than 12, you divide the total by the number of months that the employee has worked.
    [url=http://www.examiner.com/article/aguinaldo-the-required-christmas-bonus-costa-rica]Here is a good link[/url]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.