Acquiring Costa Rican Citizenship

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Acquiring Costa Rican Citizenship

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rheeren

I wish to acquire my Costa Rican Citizenship. I was born in US, my mother is Tica. Does anyone know the current process?

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]If you are under the age of 25[/b] this can be accomplished and have all the necessary paperwork,

rheeren

Hola! No I am not under 25. I am a senior, actually a senora 🙂
    I think I have things in good order. Just need to find the Casa Amarilla for translations. I check on updates, because, in the short time we have been in Costa Rica, we find that things are constantly changing. I figure we will get to San Jose to get the ball rolling and learn from there if we are on the right track.
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Like ur pic 🙂
    Pura Vida
    Jean

costaricafinca
    Participant

Was you birth registered in Costa Rica?
    Jean, if not,I don’t think that you can get legal residency based on your mothers citizenship if you are over 25… even if you feel it!
    Good luck

OTTFOG

Contact the good folks at http://www.residencyincostarica.com They can tell you exactly what you need to do to get residency or citizenship… Pura Vida, Jerry 8)

rheeren

Jerry, thanks, the website is very informative and current. We will consider their service.
    Jean and Rich

mediatica

My mother is Tica and I am in the process of obtaining my citizenship via my Mother (I am a permanent resident now). I am also over 25. Apparently they recently changed the law allowing you to apply via a parent (in my case Naturalization) even over 25. We shall see. It is supposed to take less than a year, but as we all know, the laws are constantly changing. I am using a great attorney named Marcela Gurdian. She knows her stuff and I trust her 100%. Another bonus is that I did not have to take an exam for my citizenship since I am applying for Naturalization. Good luck!

pharg
    Participant

An unmarried acquaintance of mine has been to C.R. several tomes and wants to move to Limon and acquire citizenship. To short circuit the process, he has suggested adopting an adult Tica, thus becoming an instant father {if you know the recent Goodman trial in Florida, you know how this works). He would thus be a first order relative.
    I told him I thought the government in C.R. was alert (??) to this and it probably would not work, but have no info to back this up. Anyone out there have the facts/opinions/experience?

maravilla

la migra would see through that ruse in a heartbeat! they’re as hip to these kinds of scams as immigration is in the States when people get married for a green card. he needs to go to Plan B.

pharg
    Participant

[quote=”maravilla”]la migra would see through that ruse in a heartbeat! they’re as hip to these kinds of scams as immigration is in the States when people get married for a green card. he needs to go to Plan B.[/quote]

Apparently it works in Florida. Thanks, M. I’ll suggest Eritrea as Plan B.:roll:

maravilla

the operative words here is FLORIDA!!! that adoption was not without lots of criticism and skepticism about its legality.

2bncr

Pharg – the operative word here is Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People do things much more bizarre than this and it works… If you want it, really want it, it is much easier to find a way to make it happen here than in Florida.

I don’t think, as far as Costa Rica goes, that its such a bad idea. It could work. You’d be amazed with what people get away with here…

Can you say “presidents” or “squatters” or “speeders” etc etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.