A lot of us are buying land in Coast Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A lot of us are buying land in Coast Rica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    linlsd1

With so many of us buying land in Costa Rica I would be interested in where you are buying and why? Myself, I chose the Quepos area because it seemed an area that will appreciate considerably. How about you?

maravilla

I bought outside San Ramon because it is quiet, and not a tourist destination, the weather is temperate — not too hot in the day and cool at night — and is not (yet) overrun by gringos. Property appreciation was NOT my prime concern. Living a quiet and peaceful life was my main motivation.

valentina

Where exacly did you buy in Quepos area?

linlsd1

I am interested in the beauty and peacefulness of the country also.I plan to retire there. I want to be out of the way but close enough to some activities at times.

linlsd1

Las Palmas community owned be Costaricalandsales. We are visiting in June. I think we are about 500 elevation. and can see manuel antonio park.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We bought about 7.5km outside downtown Grecia and at about 4,100 feet above sea level. It’s always tolerably cool but not cold, we have a fairly constant breeze, it’s quiet, and the people are warm and friendly. (Climate)

Grecia is about forty minutes from the airport, an hour from downtown San Jose, the MultiPlaza, PriceSmart (two), Hypermas, CIMA Hospital, the ConstruPlaza, etc. (Amenities)

And Grecia has a reasonably large and stable group of North Americans who socialize, help each other solve problems, etc. (Community)

linlsd1

sounds wonderful I hope we are as happy in Quepos.

metcalf

we also bought from the same company. We are going down next week, the 18th to meet with them and see the property. I was down there in march, but didn” t see the lots. I will post on this discussion forum when we return. i am optimistic, yet cautious.

bradbard

Las Palmas & CostaRicaLandSales… Is this another one of the Paragon’s websites and projects? Or a Paragon wannabe? It smells the same no?

Their site says “We, without a doubt, are the Rolls Royce of real estate companies in Costa Rica”

Which is kind of strange since I’ve been in real esatte sales and deevelopment in Costa Rica for over fifteen years and have NEVER heard of them.

Their site says “We are a team of professionals” but they do not include the name of one person that works for their company? Why is that?

They are happy to mention the name of a luxurious automobile but fail to mention anybody’s name that works for the company?

Their site says “we list only the finest in commercial, residential, beachfront and islands of Costa Rica.” Except there’s not a single property listed on their site

Rolls Royce? Methinks not? More like a stolen, trashed and burnt out Hyundai Excel

wmaes47

This doesn’t appear to be Paragon Properties… Registered from California.

Registration and WHOIS Service provided by directNIC.com

Registrant:
    CasaBlueMorpho
    1510-C Dell Ave.
    Campbell, CA 95008
    US
    408-374-0000

Domain Name: COSTARICALANDSALES.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Flower, Sol
    1510-C Dell Ave.
    Campbell, CA 95008
    US
    408-374-0000

Technical Contact:
    Flower, Sol
    1510-C Dell Ave.
    Campbell, CA 95008
    US
    408-374-0000

Lagunalaw1

CR tropical properties’ web site does list the name of the lawyer they are using, Alvaro Carballo-Pinto,He has been both a professor of Commercial and Real Estate Law. He served as Vice-Consul of Costa Rica in Miami, Florida, as legal counsel to the Free Zone Corporation, having drafted the original free zone law project. In addition they list the name of the project manager, Rodrigo Zapata & Associates. I am an attorney in California and spoke with Mr. Carballo and he seemed to be well informed and said CR was doing all the right things. I bought a lot from them and am going down in a couple weeks to check it out. I will report back.

kungfumasta

Being a CostaRican and all, I just wanted to get away from everybody, and I bought some beautiful land out there in Bahia Gigante. The entire area remains undeveloped, and the road is pretty bad all the way from the ferry to the property. The original owner was a canadian gentleman, my next door neighboor is my mom, and to the other side is my uncle, across the street there is a protected area that leads to the peninsula waters, which are usually calm, and the sand is white as chalk. A Scottish guy owns a little bar by the beach, and that is plenty as far as refreshemnts and food. We dont need, and we dont want Subway, Pizza Hut and the other money grubbers there.

Edited on May 08, 2006 08:47

linlsd1

That is welcomed news! You all going down in May please do report back. My lot is 77. Please tell me all. I am holding my breathe until June 22!

Rita

I feel like an outsider but we bought just ourside of Tilaran. Just beyond the jungle at the end of our property (2.8 acres) is Lago Arenal. The views in this area are breathtaking and you can do anything you want on this gorgeous lake. Tilaran is just big enough (15,000 in the area, 5,000 in town) and the climate is 70 to 85 year round with a breeze most of the time (there is a rainy season and the breeze can reach 65 mph during wind surfing season). The Guanacaste beaches, the Liberia airport, and the Monteverde cloud forest are all about 1 1/2 hours away. La Fortuna and Volcan Arenal are about 1 hour away. The people in Tilaran are so friendly we feel very much at home when we visit and there are enough gringos so that you can pick and choose your companions. Check it out!

jessicab

Rita – We’re On The Same Page.
    My husband and I traveled around CR. We also would like to build in the area where you purchased land. Could you hook us up with someone to find property? Please tell me everything you can about the area.
    We didn’t particularly like where we stayed for 2 weeks (Neuvo Arenal). It was just too crowded. What in particular swayed you to that area? I, myself, am looking for cooler temps. The windsurfing area (high altitude) was great. You can reply to this on the forum or e-mail me personally. Thanks, Jessica jessicab@plano.gov

Edited on May 16, 2006 11:27

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.