A good Costa Rica resturant and a good car rental

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A good Costa Rica resturant and a good car rental

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    scottbenson

Recently I was in Costa Rica and had some great servece that I would like to pass along to you.

I tried to get rent a car at the 4×4 that was listed in this site and they could not help me for the time period that I needed one so they refered me to another company. The company is called Mirage Rent A Car, The droped the car off at our house in Tres Rios. They will go to where ever you are and drop off the car and pick it up. I rented a Dihatsu Treo for 35.00 a day and the deposit was 750.00. I wanted a small car but they were all rented out so they gave me the 4×4 for the same price as the car. I talked to Andres which did a great job with service!

On our last night we went with my brother in-law to a great resturant called Baalbek Bar & Grill they are on a mountian top over looking the central valley. They have live music and great prices, we had the ballbek steak which was great.

Hope this helps everyone I always like to pass on infor on great service to every one else.

fionabbb

Baalbeck is nice… Shame the Israelis just bombed the crap out of the real Baalbeck in Lebanon though.

What nobody seems to appreciate is that according to the CIA (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/le.html) Lebanon is 39% Christian (59.7% Muslim) and the Christians got bombed too.

Puravida!

scottbenson

This is interesting because the menues are in Spanish and Aribic. My brother in-law was saying this resturant is owned by a person that is in politics in Costa Rica but is from the middle east.

Andrew
    Keymaster

There’s also a nice Lebanese restaurant/cafe called ‘Sash’ near Plaza Mayor in Rohrmoser. (200M south of Plaza Mayor) Tel: 232-1010

I grew up in West Africa where we had a lot of Lebanese friends and love the food, the music and the people.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

drushton

You need to try the Beirut Restaurant behind Rosti Pollo in Sabana Park. Very nice. Very clean. Tony, the owner, is from Beirut.

By the way since somebody seems to be down on the Israelis let me put something in perspective a little.

I lived in Beirut when it was a beautiful peaceful city in the early sixties.I knew Baalbeck well and I can tell you there was nothing there except the ruins dating back to Roman times and perhaps beyond. Those who want to take over the world took over Baalbeck in order to control the Beka Valley as part of their plan to force Lebanon back under the Syrian totalitarian regime. Lebanon was 60% Christian back then and only 40% Muslim. When Arafat was kicked out of Jordan for trying to murder King Hussein and bring about a revolution he decided to destroy Lebanon instead. He stirred up the Muslims and forced most of the Christians out. Tony is one of them and I have Lebanese Christian friends in many countries who were forced out of their homes and businesses.

Israel has been fighting for her life, surrounded by Muslim countries and with a pack of Muslims within her borders. This has nothing to do with Arabs and Jews, it’s Muslims against the world and Israel is the most vulnerable. The Israelis have never started a war and only want to live in peace in their tiny country surrounded by enemies. And, if you read the Bible you will find that God Almighty designated that small country as His in the whole earth and he deeded it those who believed in Him, the descendents of Abraham. That’s why Islam wants it. I could go on, and on, but I’m not sure this is a forum that should deal with what might be called politics (or what I might call the survival of sanity and decency). If anyone wants to know more may I suggest that they go to the website TheLandIsStillMine.com and order the book that explains the whole situation in a methodical and clear-cut way. By the way those living in Costa Rica might obtain the book more easily by sending an Email to the author. I believe he has some copies in San Jose.

fhmoroz

Thank you, drushton, for posting your very intelligently worded rebuke to the anti-Israeli commentary. I thought we were talking about Lebanese restaurants!

Such comments are shameful and entirely uncalled for in this or any discussion on this board. I am deeply insulted by the person who posted it.

fionabbb

Yep! Whenever anyone says something remotely anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish they’re called “anti-semitic’ or other names but I gotta tell you that I am deeply insulted by the mass slaughter of innocent Lebanese civilians and Israel’s kidnapping of THOUSANDS of Lebanese people over the years who remain imprisoned without trial for the purpose of using them as bargaining tools.

And please don’t start about how they were defending themselves, the US encouraged Israel all along and this has been planned for years, they just waited for an excuse.

PS. I’m Jewish so I guess you will call me a ‘self-hating’ Jew too

fhmoroz

And once again, Fiona, your posting is not appropriate to this discussion board.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This thread is now closed – All further postings will be deleted

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.