90 day stay

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum 90 day stay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

I got here Dec 2013 with a 90 day visa and plan to leave next month (June) this means I have overstated my visa for 3 months and was under the impression that I would be penalized $100.00 for every month over my 90 day visa.

I decided to call Immigracion and inform myself on this issue because I also did read about overstaying over the 90 and if you did not pay the $100.00 a month penalty you would be penalized 1 month for every month over, OR be penalized of not being able to return for that period.

They told me today that they are not enforcing this Law anymore.

I have tried to get confirmation thru “La Gaceta” but been unable.

So I called the Airport (Juan Santamaria) and they did confirm, NO LATE EXIT PENALTY.

davidd

this is a ploy to get you to the airport so they can deport you :(:(

[b][/b][quote=”aguirrewar”]I got here Dec 2013 with a 90 day visa and plan to leave next month (June) this means I have overstated my visa for 3 months and was under the impression that I would be penalized $100.00 for every month over my 90 day visa.

I decided to call Immigracion and inform myself on this issue because I also did read about overstaying over the 90 and if you did not pay the $100.00 a month penalty you would be penalized 1 month for every month over, OR be penalized of not being able to return for that period.

They told me today that they are not enforcing this Law anymore.

I have tried to get confirmation thru “La Gaceta” but been unable.

So I called the Airport (Juan Santamaria) and they did confirm, NO LATE EXIT PENALTY.

[/quote]

costaricafinca
    Participant

Unfortunately, this [i]may[/i] be one of the things that depends on who you deal with at the airport…:roll:…but it [i]will[/i] show up when they check at a later date if you apply for Residency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.