Home / Real Estate / Costa Rica Videos / Costa Rica Weight Loss Surgeon Resumé For Dr. Jacob – Over 3,000 weight loss surgeries with free video.
Costa Rica Weight Loss Surgeon Resumé For Dr. Jacob – Over 3,000 weight loss surgeries with free video.
Dr. Jacob has a PhD in Health Science and specializes in minimally invasive weight loss and metabolic surgery. He is licensed to practice Surgery in Costa Rica and Panama and speaks English and Spanish.
Having performed over 3,000 weight loss surgeries, Dr. Jacob is without doubt one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in the entire region.
Safe and Affordable Minimally Invasive Weight Loss SurgeryLess Than Half The Cost Of Surgery in the USAEven With Travel To Costa Rica Included!
- Dr. Jacob has been a General and bariatric surgeon at Hospital Clinica Biblica since March 2004
- Total surgeries 3,500. He performs approximately 300 bariatric types of surgeries per year. The first surgeon to perform in Central America a metabolic surgery in 2006, since then he has performed more 200 surgeries and he is the leading surgeon for a multi-centre study in this area.
- Founder and director of the first training center for minimal invasive surgery in Central and South America.
- Representative for Costa Rica chapter for the IFSO (International Federation for Obesity Surgery)
- Coordinator for the first Laparoscopic Surgery Post Graduate Course in Costa Rica
Bariatric Surgeon – Dr. Jacob’s Education
- Dr. Jacobo Graduated from the University of Costa Rica in January, 2004 with a specialty in General Surgery.
- Dr. Jacobo is in the second year of his doctoral thesis (medical science investigation) with Salamanca University.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy training with Dr. Garnier (known as the “Father of Sleeve Gastrectomy”) at Cornell University in New York. 2005
- Basic training and course work in laparoscopic surgery procedures, Cendeis.
- Advanced training and course work in laparoscopic surgery procedures, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.
- Training and course work in laparoscopic colorectal surgery, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.
- Training and course work in gastric banding (Inhamed), Panamá.
- Training and course work in gastric sleeve procedures, NY USA.
- VAC, Panama.
- Post graduate training in bariatric surgery, ALACE 2006.
- Coordinated the first training seminar for advanced laparoscopic surgery procedures in San José, Costa Rica.
- Masters of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery, USA, 2008
- Speaker for 1st national congress in Guayaquil, 2008
- Trainer in CIELTA for general surgery courses
- Trainer in ATLS in Costa Rica
- Minifellowship in gastric bypass and metabolic surgery in Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2010
- Course in SILS surgery, 2010
- Speaker for first meeting of laparoscopic surgery, Ecuador, 2007
- Speaker for the 3th residents national congress in Salvador, 2008
- Speaker for the National Congress in Costa Rica, 2010
- Speaker for the Clinicals Journeys in Omni Hospital, Ecuador, 2010
- Speaker for the Medical Journeys of Clinica Biblica Hospital, 2011
- Speaker for the Latin American chapter of IFSO meeting, 2011
- Speaker for the IFSO meeting in hamburg, Germany, 2011
Costa Rica Weight Loss Surgeon – Memberships & Affiliations
- IFSO, member and representative for Costa Rica
- Founder and president of ACROMTA
- College International of Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical Union.
- Society of Costa Rican Surgeons
- Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Association of International Surgeons
- IFSO (the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity)
- Member and co-founder of metabolic and obesity surgery of Guayaquil society
- Member and co-founder for robotic surgery of Guayaquil society
- Director and founder of CIELTA (training center for laparoscopic surgery and others techniques)
- Member of the MTA (medical tourism association)
- Member of AMN
- Member of the Join Commission International (JCI)
Want More Information About Affordable Surgery in Costa Rica?
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.
Consider in sleeve surgery
After perusing your page, I am excited to share my information with you Dr. Jacobs. I am a nationally certified group fitness instructor and offer exercise all over the Cincinnati Metropolitan area (OHIO) here in the US. I am a SilverSneakers instructor, Leslie Sansone “WalkLeader”, and a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200). Research has proven that exercise helps reduce the onset and manage symptoms of many chronic illnesses. Obesity is a chronic illness. I am eager to share with your patients the various Holistic modalities that I offer in the United States.
In addition to exercise, meditation, “Bones for Life” (Movement Intelligence) and Healing Touch, I also facilitate three Healthy “U” programs. Chronic Disease Self-Management, Diabetes Self-Management and Matter of Balance. These programs are free to all participants. I have access to grant funds that will allow me to pay my host $25.00US for each person that completes one of the Healthy “U” programs. The programs teach participants how to self-manage their chronic illness by breaking the symptom cycle inherent in all chronic diseases.
Please allow me to share descriptions of the programs, my credentials, brochures, websites, etc.to see if you would be interested in hosting me for 6 to 8 weeks.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Melanie R. Moon