Santa Ana is located just a few miles west of the capital city San Jose and is the next small town over from Escazu, the ‘Beverly Hills’ of Costa Rica. Santa Ana is where my wife and I have lived for the past 10 years.
Why Living in Santa Ana Could Be A Good Idea For You!
- Although Santa Ana (founded in 1658) is one of the fastest growing areas in the Central Valley, with a population under 50,000 – you can still enjoy it’s small town friendliness.
- Living in Santa Ana, Costa Rica means you are only 3-5 minutes to the main highway into San Jose.
- 3-5 minutes to the Forum Office Park 1 & 2, the Lindora office complex and the Costa Rican Stock Exchange.
- Depending on traffic, you can drive from Santa Ana into the capital city of San Jose in about 20 minutes but…
- With gas prices only expected to increase over the years, you may be pleased to know that you don’t really need a car because there are regular buses that travel from Santa Ana into San Jose all day long for less than 300 colones which is about 0.60 cents.
- There are several new malls in the immediate vicinity. The Forum office park is about one mile away. Within a fifteen minute ride you shall find MultiPlaza, Plaza Itzkatzu, Automercado, Hotel Intercontinental, Comfort Inn, Marriott Courtyard and the residential developments of Valle del Sol, Bosques de Lindora and Villa Real.
- The drive to the MultiPlaza shopping centre, the Plaza Roble and Trilogia Offices is less than ten minutes.
- To get to the best hospital in Central America – Hospital CIMA, will take you about 12 minutes.
- According to the Santa Ana municipal website, the altitude is between 847-1,022 meters above sea level with hot, sunny days and cool nights.
- Santa Ana is one of the best municipalities (ranked #2) for improved collection of taxes, using their resources more efficiently and providing better better services to those taxpayers.
- The entrance to the new highway that takes you to the beaches on the Central Pacific Coast is less than ten minutes away.
- Living in Santa Ana you are minutes away from many international schools.
- The Juan Santamaría International Airport is only 30 minutes away
Costa Rica Living in Santa Ana – Free video – Santa Ana is a small town, friendly community.
Article/Property ID Number 1154
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.