Many of us have a negative view of a visit to our dentist. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Learn to love your teeth with our fun top 10 list of facts and jokes about dental health.
Share this Image On Your Site
- FACT: Over their lifetime, the average American spends 38 days brushing their teeth. In a year, $1.8 billion is spent on toothpaste in the USA.
- FUN: When is the best time to visit the dentist? Tooth-hurty!
- FACT: Most human adults have 32 teeth. Dogs have 42 teeth, dolphins have 100 teeth, and a white shark has up to 3000 teeth. Snails can have up to 15000 inverted micro-teeth.
- FUN: What award does the dentist of the year get? A little plaque.
- FACT: Brushing daily can reduce your chance of tooth decay by 25%. When you don’t floss, you miss cleaning up to 35% of your tooth’s surface area.
- FUN: What did the judge say to the dentist? “Do you swear to pull the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?”
- FACT: There are an estimated 20 billion bacteria in your mouth, and they reproduce every 5 hours.
- FUN: Patient: Tell me honestly, how am I? Dentist: Your teeth are fine, but your gums will have to come out.
- FACT: Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body and can withstand temperatures of more than 1000 degrees Celsius.
- FUN: Mum: Has your tooth stopped hurting yet? Boy: I don’t know, the dentist kept it.
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.