Getting admitted to a college you dream of is a great achievement. However, the next step – selecting a degree – can make a big difference to your career but at the same time can be overwhelming. This infographic will help you navigate through the tough decision of selecting a degree that ensures future success.
Sharing this Image On Your Site
<p><strong>Please include attribution to welovecostarica.com with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href=’https://www.welovecostarica.com/10-powerful-tips-selecting-college-degree/’><img src=’https://www.welovecostarica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/10-Points-revisi010101-Tiny-V3.png’ alt=’10 Powerful Tips When Selecting A College Degree’ width=’600px’ border=’0′ /></a></p>
1. The Future of Jobs – for the 4th Industrial Revolution. Increase in Net Employment outlook by job family, 2015–2020 Employees (thousands, all focus countries) (World Economic Forum 2016)
· Business and Financial Operations (+492)
· Management (+416)
· Computer and Mathematical (+405)
· Architecture and Engineering (+339)
· Sales and Related (+303)
· Office and Administrative (-4759)
· Manufacturing and Production (-1609)
· Construction and Extraction (-497)
2. Degree Where People Find Meaning in Their Work (Study by topuniversities.com in 2016)
· Biomedical Engineering (75%)
· Structural Engineering (71%)
· Physician Assistant Studies (86%)
· Environmental Engineering (66%)
· Aeronautical Engineering (61%)
3. Drivers of Change Affecting Skills of Future Industries (2015 – 2020), (World Economic Forum 2016).
· Advanced robotics and autonomous transport
· Artificial intelligence and machine learning
· Advanced materials, biotechnology and genomics
4. QS World University Rankings by Subject
· Arts & Humanities – University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Harvard University
· Engineering & Technology – Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of Cambridge
· Life Sciences & Medicine – Harvard University, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford
5. Highest Paying Bachelor Degrees by Salary Potential (Mean salary 0 -5 years)
· Petroleum Engineering ($96,700)
· Systems Engineering ($66,400)
· Actuarial Science ($60,800)
· Chemical Engineering ($69,800)
· Computer Science (CS) & Engineering ($71,200)
6. Reflect on What Interests You
You will be spending a substantial amount of your time with your work in future. You’ve got to love what you do or else your life will be miserable. Find out the degree that provides you the opportunity to best demonstrate your interest.
7. Guided By Your Personal Value and Belief
What is more important to you? Recognition by financial reward or helping people by giving back to community?
8. Explore Funding Needed for the Degree
Different degrees require different investment and length of time to complete. Will you need bursary funding, scholarship or will you be able to fund the program by your family?
9. Check With Past Graduates
Ask them about course content, facilities, and support by the college. Do past graduates have a good experience during the journey while pursuing the degree you intend to select?
10. Review Any Prerequisites
Investigate the requirements for admission to the program. Check out if you need to have additional assessments, interviews or other qualifications to make the cut to be admitted to the degree you wanted.
Reflecting on the above 10 points will certainly help you select a degree that is best for you to achieve your future financial, professional and personal goals
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.