Time to run!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Time to run!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    sprite

“Portorra” is a cuban slang for puerto rican woman. No correction needed. Spanish is a living and evolving language and, as we all know, has many colloquialisms all up and down this hemisphere. It is similar to calling a Costa Ricenso a Tico.

History does repeat patterns. Economies and their accompanying cultures, governments and empires rise and fall. After the Roman empire fell ( a long drawn out affair) western societies drifted into a dark age. Today, we are in a world economy in which individual country economies are each dependent upon the whole to stand.

At least, this is what I read. If you know of a reliable source of information which shows the nuts and bolts of how we repair and keep the current monetary system in place while continuing our insane consumption activity as we exponentially increase our population at the same time the planet’s resources are dwindling, I’d love to know about it.

In any case, I wouldn’t lift a finger to try and save the current system even if that were an achievable goal. It is vile and makes economic slaves out of most of the population.

aguirrewar

well you need another correction

Cuba is not Puerto Rico and portorra is slang in Cuba and in the island of Puerto Rico it is “pUertoriquena”, notice the U

that is the correct way in PR but you take to much liberties with other cultures and with other countries and with history

maybe you should write about the last 1,000 years of the history of mankind from your “Portorra” mind and perspective

I will let my children and YOUR’s write the future

seems like you like to look at the back REAR mirror and not the glass in front of you

enjoy your quiet, tranquil, easy life. I will stand and fight for your rights and mine in the USA

it won’t be easy but I will not give up until my children and your’s and everyone else has the same quality of life my parents’ and I had

that is the legacy we leave to the next generation to be able to live better than ourselves

you have showed your true COLORS

sprite

[quote=”aguirrewar”]well you need another correction

Cuba is not Puerto Rico and portorra is slang in Cuba and in the island of Puerto Rico it is “pUertoriquena”, notice the U

that is the correct way in PR but you take to much liberties with other cultures and with other countries and with history

maybe you should write about the last 1,000 years of the history of mankind from your “Portorra” mind and perspective

I will let my children and YOUR’s write the future

seems like you like to look at the back REAR mirror and not the glass in front of you

enjoy your quiet, tranquil, easy life. I will stand and fight for your rights and mine in the USA

it won’t be easy but I will not give up until my children and your’s and everyone else has the same quality of life my parents’ and I had

that is the legacy we leave to the next generation to be able to live better than ourselves

you have showed your true COLORS[/quote]

I am sorry you find the innocuous term “potorra” to be offensive. I assure you, my Cuban, Puerto Rican friends and my half Puerto Rican son do not.

You go ahead and “fight” all you want to, whatever that means. In all probability, you will do little more than just cast a useless vote now and then for whichever pre-selected candidate is put on the ballot for whichever useless political office is up for grabs. Some people never learn that politicians can do nothing for them. All the energy spent on politics is wasted. You would much better for your children by taking direct steps towards securing as safe a place to live as possible for the coming storm. Who knows, we may not live to see it and when it does come, it may be so devastating that there is no safe place.

But you should think about the numbers..the trillions of newly created dollars that will flood the economy. I don’t believe you are understanding what is happening because you haven’t yet seen much in the way of consequences. But they are coming.

aguirrewar

Save your lolly pop’s for the next one and SIR; you have NO cultural advantage over others by any means you try to explain yourself, even if you had 10 kids’ in Puerto Rico a cousin in China and a grandmother in Cuba besides your illiterate friends

VOTE!!

you have one day to elect to office a crook or a mayor, senator, whatever

and they have 4 years to tell you what to do

maybe you should consider that one day you and I have to vote prudently and choose the least poison for all of us

nothing is PERFECT, do you suggest any ideas to fix this dilema

complain all you want and get NO-where, vote and be active in your community and make a difference

WHO!! created trillions of dollars??

one department of the Goverment is the RIGHT answer

and WHO elected these people??

not you!!! but those that voted for them

want to get rid of them???

vote against them and KICK them out of office

your CONSEQUENCES are nothing compared of what will happen to all of us be it in the USA or Costa Rica

do you relly fell insulated because you live in Costa Rica and the economic ripple effects will not affect you

sure hope you do not have SS or a retirement account in dollars deposited in a bank of Costa Rica because if you THINK for a moment that we in the USA will take a hit and you will NOT then dream on

you fix your home before you fix your neighbors house and the USA is home

just look at the UK, Greece, France, Ireland and all of Europe, they are bitting the poison pill while people like YOU decide to fix the world with WORDS

now is not the time to speak but to act

every 2 years you have the right to VOTE, DO IT

nicon1957

Sprite,

Its not the bible thumping flag waving people that have gotten us into the financial situation that we are in today. Its the people that buy more then they can afford , then expect the government to step in and take care of them after things fall apart. Not everyone lives beyond their means. Not everyone lives for today and forsakes tomorrow. Its the huge number of godless selfish people that believe the government should take care of them, that are ruining this country. That is why we have elections , that is why the Rep swept back in. You need to turn toward countries that have communist governments that take care of their people… oh wait there aren’t any left!!!!! …. Over spending and over using is a choice … no one holds a gun to your head to make those decision … That is why America is great, because here you have a choice. Its so easy to point a finger at the government when in reality its giving money to people that have no means to pay it back that has knocked us to our knees (you can thank the Dems for that). You talk about how good it will be to leave America , maybe it will be good for America if more people like you left.

kordan

You know a lot of people in this blog ^get it.^ Scott certainly does and he has the courage to actually say it. But, if you look at history–and unfortunately it is our only real clue–the people who ^get it^ end up doing very well–the people who prepare, and make decisions based on likely future events reap their rewards.
    The rest of the people who call you a nut job–or dont care–or even better –get uncomfortably nervous when you mention the forbidden topics–trust me-THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.
    Because when things break loose, when currencies fail (and MOST of them do) its every man for himself. And the generations of people living on welfare, the beaurocrats and paper pushers, the cancers and the parasites finally kill the host.
    But I really dont care to be there, to watch it shake out. Think of it as a Zombie Movie, in painful slow motion.
    We have 5 years tops…
    China and Russia are dumping the dollar
    http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22031

For all the nutjobs out there–get ready!!!

dboy

Scott, please rename the site to:

WeLoveToCowerInCostaRicaDueToImpendingDoom.com 😀

nicon1957

Instead of crying about Armageddon, you need to understand that in order for America to be what it was, meaning people with 8th grade educations getting decent paying job , we would have to knocked the rest of the world’s economies down a few notches because we would only buy American. Now the cost of goods would sky rocket because average Joe American would go on strike every 2-3 years because he wanted to be paid 50k a year have a company paid health plan and a liberal vacation plan all to make widgets that can be bought from China for a workers wage of say 8k a year (or less). The rate of inflation would kill the poor. No one but the rich could afford to buy any luxury items. Makes more since to me that instead of funding this huge universal health care program we should spend that money to educate our youth. That is how America stays great. The world is going thru a huge change on how it allocates resources. Its not up to our Government to figure out how we make out in this new venture , its up to us. As the worlds economies start to mature , who but America , the home of Capitalism , were amazing sums of money are made over night, where our Government encourages free enterprise, can create and manage the type of wealth that will be made. Once we create consumers all over the world instead of just a few pockets here and there. The tax revenues will be unbelievable. China has to be a major player in all this as they have the largest population in the world. They are the next big consumer of American goods. The only reason 90% plus of Americans are living in Costa Rica now is because the American system made it possible for them to profit. That is not going to change anytime soon.

Doug Ward

[quote=”Scott”]You and me both! I can’t think of a Spanish equivalent for “nut jobs”…

It’s simply not possible to refute the maths… Our banksters and their political whores have dug a hole so deep that we can’t even see the top.

What is terrifying is what some politicians are suggesting would help us out of this hole…

Remember?

“Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor

Or at this time, more likely Iran…

Scott[/quote]
    Cerebro rustico is an alternative to ” nut job”

markus
    Participant

My two cents. It is never too late to start and stop being part of the herd. It is never too late to stop consuming for the sake of consuming. In my family we stop shopping and consuming years ago. We adopted the customs of the old country, buy only what you need and buy it cash. If you don’t have the money, save until you can purchase what you need. We never bought into the credit card and variable interest rate mortgage schemes. We have lived below our means and save for many years. Thanks to this simple strategy, we are moving to CR soon. Don’t get me wrong. We eat out, take vacations, etc. But, we never pay full price. Why should I pay full price for anything, when it will be on sale a few months later. For example the e-readers, only a year or so ago they sold for $400.00 or more. Now they sell for $138.00. I will be buying my first one in January, when they will be reduced in price even more.

Here is a clip from youtube to add to the discussion.

markus
    Participant

Aguirrewar. I admire your courage. I love the USA and I believe all in this forum do. However, we are talking about the demise of a great empire. Since the beginning of manking empires have emerged, flourished, and died. The USA will not be the exception. And all of us are responsible, citizens, politians, corporations. etc. The problems we have created for ourselves, the great recession, debt with China, national debt, deficit, unjustified wars, etc, are beyond voting every four years. The system is corrupt and it will be hard to change. Just look at the 4th branch of the US Government: The Lobbyist system is still there unchecked, paralyzing the government for the benefit of the few.

dboy

If you are escaping to Costa Rica to get away from a corrupt government, I’m afraid you may be disappointed. Bill maher says that Americans are like dogs, responding to voice inflection and fear. You may be sniffing out new grass but you’ll still take a crap on it.

aguirrewar

time to tell you who I am.

3 kids
    one in Iraq in the Army, another unemployed and the 3’rd GROWING happy

the glory day’s of the USA are over and the 20’th Century will MARK that stage

but England, France and Spain had those days’ and they still exist today as stable countries and so will the USA

the emerging countries like Brazil and China are rising because they image what the USA was in the 1950-60

we have been corrupted just like ROME was and will fall out of grace (take that to the Bank) and CASH it

with a CAVEAT, I would like to the USA to be remembered in History of the next 300-500 years just as England, a powerhouse in the world with all it’s mistake’s

WE have teached the world what Democracy and Capitalism can do for the people, meaning the GOOD ones not the ones we have in DC now

My most admired theme in live is “We the People” it is not ours only it belongs to the poor in Haiti the slums in Brazil and the illegal immigrants all over the world looking for a better life

If I have ruffled some feathers in this forum, I apologise but the times are HARD and they will test the weak and strong alike

and that test is happening now, “WHO!! will take the challenge and realize that we are really fighting not for ourselves but for the next generation be that in the USA, Costa Rica, Africa???

I can say that “I make good money” have A GOOD PAYING JOB AND IT MEANS bean’s to me COMPARED TO MY CHILDREN, I want them to live the same quality of live I live. Want them to invite me to their house and serve me a good meal but that is not the case, for a good meal they have to come to my house. Is this to much to ask???

my rant is over and my fight is here in the USA

warren

*Lotus

Warren,

I would agree with your premise our days as the shinning star are waining.But the USA has a tremendous wealth of intellectual capital as well as natural capital. To those (whom almost seem like they are looking forward to the total collapse) of the United States, I will disagree. I’m diversifying my assets accordingly in preparation for the shift. I am not hoarding gold, firearms or canned foods in my basement preparing for the onslaught of total chaos.

I have no desire to get into a protracted argument, but time will tell. For now I am minding my shop and running a tight ship.

kordan

That sounds great–lets look at the average test score.
    Even better–go online and find an 8th grade test form 1898–how many people could pass it.
    There are some very smart people in the state–but I think it is safe to safe that at least 60% of the population function in a kind of haze. Look at the toxic foods, the anti-depressents, the newspapers written to people with a 6th grade education and the crap peddled as êntertainment^. Every time there is an election–the herd lines up to cheer the new moron who promises them something for nothing.
    Trust me—the road to recovery will not happen in this generation and probably not the next.

[quote=”*Lotus”]Warren,

I would agree with your premise our days as the shinning star are waining.But the USA has a tremendous wealth of intellectual capital as well as natural capital. To those (whom almost seem like they are looking forward to the total collapse) of the United States, I will disagree. I’m diversifying my assets accordingly in preparation for the shift. I am not hoarding gold, firearms or canned foods in my basement preparing for the onslaught of total chaos.

I have no desire to get into a protracted argument, but time will tell. For now I am minding my shop and running a tight ship.[/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.