property tax web site

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum property tax web site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    chuckrobin

Does anyone have the web site where you can go and look up to see what your taxes are on property? I know it was on here at one time but they look like they have changed it. thanks

If you do internet banking with BNCR (maybe other banks as well) you can look it up there. Otherwise, call your local municipality and give them your id number (personal or corp.) and they will tell you how much you owe.

waggoner41

[quote=”chuckrobin”]Does anyone have the web site where you can go and look up to see what your taxes are on property? I know it was on here at one time but they look like they have changed it. thanks[/quote]

https://www.rnpdigital.com/shopping/consultaDocumentos/consultaMorosidadPJ.jspx' defer onload='

Just enter the cedula number and click on the “Buscar” link.

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”chuckrobin”]Does anyone have the web site where you can go and look up to see what your taxes are on property? I know it was on here at one time but they look like they have changed it. thanks[/quote]

https://www.rnpdigital.com/shopping/consultaDocumentos/consultaMorosidadPJ.jspx' defer onload='

Just enter the cedula number and click on the “Buscar” link.[/quote]

This is the link for the corporation taxes, not for property tax which has to be paid to the local municipalities.

chuckrobin

Thanks for the reply, I don’t have a cedula number but to have the plano and property information. I am trying to do this from the US.

waggoner41

The Ministerio de Hacienda is where propert6y taxes are located but you need either the cedula number of the corporate name.

http://196.40.56.20/consultasic/wf_consultajuridicas.aspx

On this webpage you can find out your cedula number:

https://www.rnpdigital.com/index.htm

You have to sign up and get a password.
    It helps if you speak/understand Spanish, it is not available in English.

If you want to PM me your property- or plano number I can find it for you. Or call your attorney in C.R.

waggoner41

[quote=”elindermuller”]On this webpage you can find out your cedula number:

If you want to PM me your property- or plano number I can find it for you. Or call your attorney in C.R.[/quote]

I have never signed up and don’t have a password. I just click on the proper link and enter the cedula number and the information is displayed.

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”elindermuller”]On this webpage you can find out your cedula number:

If you want to PM me your property- or plano number I can find it for you. Or call your attorney in C.R.[/quote]

I have never signed up and don’t have a password. I just click on the proper link and enter the cedula number and the information is displayed.[/quote]

I agree if you have your cedula number and want to find the amount of taxes owed.
    If you don’t know your corporations cedula number, you sign up and in, and there you can investigate it.

waggoner41

[quote=”elindermuller”]I agree if you have your cedula number and want to find the amount of taxes owed.
    If you don’t know your corporations cedula number, you sign up and in, and there you can investigate it.[/quote]

If the cedula number isn’t known it must mean one doesn’t have the corporate books and documents.

Without them you may find that someone else has documents that show that they own the property and you have no property.

Trying to fight a court battle in Costa Rica is a money losing proposition no matter how you figure it. The legal procedings could cost more than the property is worth.

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”elindermuller”]I agree if you have your cedula number and want to find the amount of taxes owed.
    If you don’t know your corporations cedula number, you sign up and in, and there you can investigate it.[/quote]

If the cedula number isn’t known it must mean one doesn’t have the corporate books and documents.

Without them you may find that someone else has documents that show that they own the property and you have no property.

Trying to fight a court battle in Costa Rica is a money losing proposition no matter how you figure it. The legal procedings could cost more than the property is worth.[/quote]

You would think that people have all their stuff together but in some case they don’t. We are dealing with people on a daily basis, mostly newcomers, who ask for help because they do not have a clue what they have, or not have, or should have, or have to have. They were not given the right or complete information from their attorney or broker, or property seller. They have no clue what taxes to pay and where to pay them, and what the process is of purchasing property or what is involved with a corporation. They buy a lot in a new development and build a house on it, and find out later that their lot was not even segregated and that the mother farm has a mortgage registered. And that the contract they signed at the notaries office was only a private one, nothing that goes into the registry 👿

sprite

Where can this be paid? I pay the property taxes at the municipal building in town.

waggoner41

[quote=”sprite”]Where can this be paid? I pay the property taxes at the municipal building in town.[/quote]

I paid mine at the local BCR branch.

sprite

I am guessing all you needed was the cedula number and that some sort of receipt was given?

waggoner41

[quote=”sprite”]I am guessing all you needed was the cedula number and that some sort of receipt was given?[/quote]

All you get is the amount you owe. The taxes are paid through BCR where you get a receipt for the payment.

Taxes are recalculated every five years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.