We are always happy to recommend people that do good jobs for us and the VIP Members of WeLoveCostaRica.com however once in a while, we come across a someone like Rodney Carbguif who acts in a ‘very unprofessional manner’ he said in a typical British understatement.

Unfortunately this irresponsible behaviour is all too common here in Costa Rica and it clearly reflects very negatively on Rodney Carbguif but also does not help the business people with whom he associates.

Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Hello , how are you?, I would like to communicate that in next december will be the : www.dealreal.estate a TECH conference for the Real Estate Industry,the same will be held in the Croc’s Casino Resort in Jaco Beach,Costa Rica
take a look at: www.dealreal.estate

The idea is give an impulse to the use of new technologies in the real estate industry, like learn about SEO SEM,Geolocation, Drones, QR Codes,social media tools like, Instagram,YouTube,Twitter,etc.

Come and make networking with a lot of peers from your same industry,new contacts and learn from more the Expert Speakers of your same Industry,among the several talk, there is a very interesting about the chinesse market, and how could a realtor like you can make great business with this huge market, you can’t miss this

Thanks

Rodney Carbguif

Organizer

Deal Real Estate TECH CONFERENCE

Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hi Rodney

Although my marketing helps sell more real estate than any Realtor I know in Costa Rica, I am not a Realtor but might have an interest in attending.

The presentations will be in English or Spanish?

Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Yo ya registré y pagué Rodney.

(This means that “I have already paid ($180) and registered Rodney.” And I included a screenshot of the bank transfer.)

Scott

Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Muchas gracias Scott, nos vemos en el evento

Abrazo

Rodney Carbguif

Organizer

Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Hi Scott, how are you? Do you think you could help me with resend the attached PDF to some of your real estate contacts of your data base?

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Good morning Scott, how are you?, about the tech Conference I have to re-schedule to next January 22 and 23, sorry, but the main sponsor join to late and they did suggest me that date

Abrazo

Rodney Carbguif

Organizer

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Please refund my money….

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Ok, and sorry again

Regards

Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Please email later today please after you have refunded the money into my bank account.

Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Would you please confirm when you plan on refunding my money Rodney?

I paid you promptly and expect my refund promptly…

Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Yes Sir, just give me some time, I know I owe that money, I am not steal you,

Thanks

Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM

You and I both know it takes 3 minutes….

Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Yes mi friend, but I took the money already paid from the attendees for pre-paid the Hotel and some banners, but don,t worry today another attendee paid me with his credit card, when the bank transfer me that money I will transfer to your account and I already have a sponsor, but they still owe me the fee

Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Would you please confirm when you plan on refunding my money Rodney?

Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Hello?

You know I reach 25,000 readers and practically everybody worthwhile on Costa Rica Real Estate??

And you want to ignore me?

Is that really a wise thing to do?

Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Look, I know you are reaching that huge amount of people, but understand that I am not stealing your money, I had to pay the rent of the venue and some banners, next week some attendee will pay me and from that money I refund your $160 dollars, I never, never pretend to take your money, for other way I don’t know why you decline to come to the event, you are the only of all people already buy the tickets that decide not come. I am not a big Company ,I just a person trying to make this kind of event happen

Sorry again

Abrazo

Rodney Carbguif

Organizer

Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Have you refunded my money?

Yes or no?

Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Have you refunded my money?

Yes or no?

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 8:08 AM

Have you refunded my money?

Yes or no?

Scott Oliver posted on Rodney Carbguif’s Google + Page

6th January 2015 Posted on his Google+ page

Ah! This is the real estate conference that I paid for, that you cancelled and have repeatedly refused to refund my money, is that correct??

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Well, Iook, I am not in Costa Rica right now, I am in Honduras, due to a medical problem with my mother, I will be back to Costa Rica until next week, and I already see your post about your money in Google+, thanks a lot, if you think I am keep me that money, your are totally wrong, I will refund you that, and let me tell you, I dont know how you did say me that you make thousands of money and are acting like a person in huge economics problems, like a poor latino person,

Usually the refund of money all the events organizer makes after the event, but I will looking for the way to pay you back that, because I am seeing you are in serious money problems

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:42 AM

The ‘event’ I paid you for was to be held December 3-4th 2015 therefore if you do “usually refund of money… after the event” then, you are late!

I do not have “economic problems” but you have repeatedly failed to refund my money since your first promised to pay me on Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:47 AM Mr. Carbguif so clearly you are indeed ‘keeping’ my money.

I will email you – and all of the speakers of your ‘Costa Rica Real Estate Technology Conference’ – the link of my new article on WeLoveCostaRica.com about your irresponsible behaviour by the end of the day.

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Hey Mr. send me your complete name, and your location I will try (don’t promise you) to send you from here a western union transference, apparently someone here lend me the $180

Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Feel free to deposit the money into the same account from which you received it and please email me after making the deposit. (I then included my bank instructions)

Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 6:17 PM

So 13 days later you have – yet again – failed to refund my money Rodney, this is very amusing.

Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Well my friend, until yesterday I found a job, just they make me his payment and I will make your bank deposit, anyway the event was cancelled, without speakers is impossible to make an event, and without event there is not money.

Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Finally today, Rodney Carbguif emailed me saying: “Ok, here’s your money refund, so if you published to the speakers and to all your network about this issue,I expect you do the same with the money refund that I already did.”

=======================

Warning: Rodney Carbguif And The Rescheduled Costa Rica Real Estate Technology Conference.

Yeah! I know you’re probably saying to yourself “what a persistent pain in the ass Scott Oliver is..,” and you’re right!

But all of this could have been avoided by one businessman who chose to act in a very unprofessional and irresponsible way and has repeatedly failed to refund my money for an event that he cancelled. I feel responsible for sharing good positive stories with our VIP Members but also to warn them about people that they should be cautious with…

Call me crazy but I’m one of those old fashioned guys who prefers to work with people who do what they say they’re going to do, ‘when’ you they say they’re going to do it and rarely have any problems but Mr. Rodney Carbguif is now on my list of people who I will never do any kind of business with, ever!

“Abrazo!”

Written by Scott Oliver, author of 1: How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 2: Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore and 3. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raíces en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?

Scott Oliver's Four Books

Scott Oliver’s Four Books.

Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?

All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.