Living in Escazu, Costa Rica is not for everyone. If you are the pioneering type and already speak fluent Spanish then living in a more remote area of Costa Rica may be perfect for you from day one.
However a lot of people like to take things one step at a time which is one of the reasons why areas like Escazu and Santa Ana are so popular for so many expats including Gringos.
These Americans living in Costa Rica prefer to slide gradually into their new life abroad, into a new culture and take their time learning a new language – Spanish – and find that living in Escazu and Santa Ana is a good first step.
But for those pioneering types, here are the top reasons for living in places like Escazu and Santa Ana …
- Quality healthcare is important to you and if you believe that you might need access to the best, most experienced medical professionals and the best hospitals in Central America then living in Escazu is right for you.
- If you appreciate music and culture and love the idea of visiting the theatre to see the Oratorio Society of New York or a world-class opera like Madam Butterfly then living in Escazu is something you should consider.
- You love going to the movies and would like to be able to visit whenever you’re in the mood.
- You like to read books in English or Spanish and prefer to be close to good bookstores like Libreria Internacional.
- You take pride in how you look and need access to the best shops and department stores which you will find in Escazu.
- You prefer having fast and reliable internet and don’t want to get disconnected fifteen times per day so you’ll be thrilled with the high-speed internet that that’s readily available in Escazu. My Boomerang internet connection (screenshot below) is certainly not cheap but it gives me 21.27Mbs download speed and 22.39Mbs up.
- I love to cook and cook for my family nearly every night but, I also love the fact that we have an enormous selection of great restaurants within 15 minutes of our home in Santa Ana. Whether we’re in the mood for Italian food or pizza, cooked or raw fish, Argentinian steak house, a restaurant specializing in Baffalo meat or Turkish, Lebanese whatever it is you fancy, you will find the best selection of restaurants in Escazu and Santa Ana.
- You might prefer eating rice and beans, or rice and chicken or, rice and vegetables, or rice and beef for every meal but if you want the best selection of supermarkets and specialty food stores in Costa Rica, you will find all of this in Escazu and Santa Ana. In fact, you can find practically everything that you are accustomed to eating ‘back home’.
- If you have children then it’s important to remember that the Central Valley area has the best selection of private international schools and adult education centers. Nowhere else even comes close…
- To make it easier for you to travel and more comfortable for your family and friends to visit you, you prefer to be within 30 minutes or so of Costa Rica’s main international airport in San José.
- You like the idea of making new friends and having an active and satisfying social life and prefer to be close to the largest group of expatriates and social organizations in the country.
Ooops! Maybe there’s more than ten …
Written by Scott Oliver, author of 1: How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 2: Costa Rica Real Estate Scams & How To Avoid Them, 3. Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore and 4. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raices en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?
Top Ten Reasons For Living In Escazu and Santa Ana, Costa Rica.
Article/Property ID Number 1286
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.