Minimally Invasive and Affordable Weight Loss Surgery in Costa Rica
Dr. Jacob specializes in minimally invasive weight loss and metabolic surgery. He is licensed to practice Surgery in Costa Rica and Panama, he speaks English and Spanish and has performed over 3,000 weight loss surgeries, Dr. Jacob is without doubt one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in the entire region.
According to the CDC the incidence of adult obesity has grown by 2.4 million people in just 2 years. This is a dramatic increase with related costs over US$147 billion dollars annually. Every state now has at least 15% of their adult population suffering from obesity, while 9 of these states have a staggering 30% obesity rate.
Affordable Minimally Invasive Weight Loss SurgeryLess Than Half The Cost Of Surgery in the USAEven With Travel To Costa Rica Included!
The situation with the number of our children who are obese is unfortunately no better. 1 in 3 children now are overweight, a problem which if not corrected soon will lead to an even higher rate of obesity in the near future.
Gastric bypass surgery has really caught on internationally as an option for those struggling with obesity. According to the National Institute of Health, surgery is indicated in men who are at least 100 pounds overweight, and in women who are at least 80 pounds overweight, with a BMI of >40.
The typical age range is 18-65 and usually is reserved for those people who have tried multiple times to lose weight in conventional ways but have not succeeded. There is some wiggle room outside of the age and weight ranges especially if someone is already suffering from a weight related illness.
Weight Loss Surgery in Costa Rica Video
In the video we asked Costa Rican bariatric surgeon Dr. Jacob to discuss:
- The basic concept behind weight loss surgery procedures.
- How does someone qualify for bariatric surgery?
- What’s the difference between the minimally invasive surgery that he performs compared to regular “open” surgery?
- Are there any advantages in having restrictive surgery compared to malabsorptive surgery?
- Are the weight loss surgical techniques used by bariatric surgeon Dr. Jacob in Costa Rica different from what a patient in the US might expect from their Doctors?
- What are the different types of weight loss surgeries that you perform?
- How do you decide which patient needs which procedure?
- What sort of savings can someone expect to enjoy in having their weight loss surgery performed by you in Costa Rica in comparison with having it done in the US?
- Your group is fairly unique in Costa Rica in that you recommend that the package your patients buy includes medical complications insurance, how does that benefit the patient exactly?
- How many weight loss surgeries have you performed? With what sort of complications rate?
- What percentage of your patients are from the US?
- What do you love about being a Doctor?
Dr. Jacob is a very experienced bariatric surgeon – and the Founder and director of the first training center for minimal invasive surgery in Central and South America – who has performed over 3,000 weight loss surgeries and normally performs four different types of weight loss surgery in Costa Rica, each with their own pros and cons:
The Four Most Common Weight Loss Surgeries Performed ByBariatric Surgeon Dr. Jacob in Costa Rica.
- Lap Band Weight Loss Surgery – Affordable and minimally invasive.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery.
- Gastric Plication Weight Loss Surgery.
- Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery.
You can also see more detailed information Costa Rica Weight Loss Surgeon Resume Dr. Jacob – Over 3,000 weight loss surgeries here.
Even including the expenses of staying in a luxury hotel and your travel, the costs of your minimally invasive, weight loss surgery in Costa Rica with Dr. Jacob – a very experienced bariatric surgeon – will be about half of what it would normally cost in the U.S., and you get to enjoy a great vacation in Costa Rica, a land of stunning scenery, sunshine and smiles.
Want More Information About Affordable Bariatric Surgery in Costa Rica?
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.
I’m interested in getting a Gastric Bypass. I would like to do it around February 22nd. What would I have to do to have the surgery and what would the cost be? Right now I weigh around 395#s and really need to get my weight in control. I’m 37 years old.
I HAVE ALREADY HAD THE GRUEN Y BYPASS AND NOW A FAMILY MEMBER IS REQUESTING ME RESEARCH THIS AREA DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF US SURGERIES AND THEIR INSURANCE REFUSING TO COVER ANYTHING. I NEED TO HAVE THE AFTER CARE TUCKS DONE NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN KEEPING OFF 200LBS AS WELL. SO ALL THE AVAILABLE DATA WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I am interested in endoscopic bariatric surgery
I am interested in the Lap Band Weight Loss Surgery.
Also do you do the surgery where you put the band on and it comes off in a year?
What is the cost and what is the preparation for this procedure.
Also how long would i have to be there?