WLI – Worldwide Land Investments

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum WLI – Worldwide Land Investments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    mannx

Has anyone heard of World Wide Land Investments?

Alvaro

Yes, we have heard of them…not good things of course. Jaime Ligator, President of Worldwide Land Investments, was recently arrested for U.S. fraud charges. Please check out this link for more information: http://www.amcostarica.com/052107.htm.

Did you happen to purchase real estate from them? If so, hire a lawyer ASAP!!!!

mannx

Yes I did buy from them. Why do you think I should hire a lawyer?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Why?

Did you read his response to your question?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

mannx

Could you recommend a lawyer for me? I’m very nervous about my investment.

simondg

I would advise you not to panic until you know what you are dealing with. I would love to hear more about your investment first;

1. Do you have, or are you supposed to get title?
    2. Have you visited the property?
    3. Did you pay directly to WLI or to an escrow account?

If you could provide as much detail as possible it would really help everyone in this forum know more about this company.

mannx

I was told by WLI that my investment was in good hands with them. I also was told that my title will sent to me in 2 months. I’m not sure if my money is being held in an escrow account. Thanks for the replies.

terrycook

mannx…you don’t know where your money is being held in escrow???? Call an attorney now…I know nothing about this but you must take immediate action to protect )if you can) your risks
    terry from texas

*Lotus

Is this thread a fake? Mannx are you for real?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I just gotta ask . . .

Sr. Mannx, just how much money have you entrusted to their care?

simondg

You need to check your investment with someone other than WLI – get expert help…

mannx

As far as I know the monies are in escrow. I will need to hire an attorney to help me find out for sure. The property I own is in a town called Colorado on the pacific side. If anyone can recommend a lawyer I would greatly appreciate it.

Alvaro

Mannx, did you read the article on AM Costa Rica in the link I provided? It clearly says that WLI is “selling” ocean view lots on land on the east coast of the Gulf of Nicoya near the settlment of Colorado de Abangares. This is north of Puntarenas and south of the location of the friendship bridge, the Puente de la Amistad de Taiwan, over the rio Tempisque. One of their websites says that the property is just south of the Four Seasons Hotel when this hotel is actually located about 200 kilometers away in the province of Guanacaste. Jaime Ligator was arrested for fraud charges and he is the president of WLI.

What makes you think that you are in good hands? Hire an attorney and protect your investment.

mannx

I did not know that. I need help.

simondg

Facio Canas, or one of their independent consultants will get you what you need. Not cheap but you will likely get results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.