Where to go in Costa Rica? Americans?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Where to go in Costa Rica? Americans?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kkirk101

Hi All,

I am a guy in my early 40s. I have been to CR 8 years ago, San Jose and Quapos (spelling?).

I am considering retiring somewhere in CR and I want to visit this year for 1 to 4 weeks…. Question(s)

How do you find other Americans or Engish speaking people?
    How do I find out about and travel to all different areas of CR?
    How do I get off the tourist trails??
    Is there some kind of club or network or forum for Americans in CR??

Thanks to anyone you will reply with any info :o)

KK

jenny

Hi Kirk,

You mean how do you get in contact with young Americans.

jenny

Kirk Look at a web site http://www.moving2costarica.com and also the moderator for this forum is young, single and a mover and shaker, I am sure he will give you some tips.

kkirk101

Jenny thanks for the info. I will check out the site.

Actually I was looking for any networking of any age Americans, since I don’t speak Spanish. Americans to visit with and get input on where to live, how to live, who you can trust, real estate, renting, get together groups…. It is kinda like going to a foriegn land :o)

Kirk

dkt2u

Kirk, My wife and I moved last year and found that you do not neccessarily have to move to an area where there are a lot of gringos who speak english. We have met our share here where we live on the Pacific coast, but have many Tico friends already as well, and it forces us to learn more spanish. It depends on the where you want to settle down, and the climate you want. In any case, where ever you settle you will typically be no more than a 3 hour drive from San Jose and the out lying communities where you can occassionaly hook up with an American group for activities. Let me know if you need any advice on the Pacific coast.

u_got_male45

Hey Kirk,
    You have asked the same questions that I want to know…Im 50 yrs old straight male and want to move to CR but I Want to go there for at least a month or 2 ,but I don’t want to do it alone,, I know no one,,,I don’t know where to go and not to go,,,If you want we can talk and see whats what and wheres where,,,,..I would like to find a travel partner so we at least have someone to talk too and explore with some one…my e mail is u_got_male45@yahoo.com..If I flew into San Jose today ,I wouldn’t have a clue, where to go, and what to do,,,,contact me !!! or anyone else that can help…It has been my dream since my divorce 5 yrs ago..Tim

Mac539

Well, one place I would skip is San Jose. Just flew in yesterday from Panama City. The people seem to have all the warmth of New Yorkers. I am sure the folks in the country are better. Perhaps cities have a way of doing that to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.