Subpoena laws in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Subpoena laws in Costa Rica

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SanVito
    Participant

I know the basis of CR laws are different than those in the US. My questions are these: Are there subpoena laws on the law books in CR? Secondly, are there appeal courts available, if so, when can a person have his/her case re-heard if new evidence is brought forward?

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”SanVito”]I know the basis of CR laws are different than those in the US. My questions are these: Are there subpoena laws on the law books in CR? Secondly, are there appeal courts available, if so, when can a person have his/her case re-heard if new evidence is brought forward?[/quote]

I have a friend that (as the PLAINTIFF) lost a criminal claim against an individual several months ago. He went to a higher judge and asked for a re-hearing – I guess you would call that an “appeal”. The higher judge heard the case and reversed the decision, and also admonished the judge in the lower court as being incompetent. In this instance, there was no “new” evidence, the higher judge allowed evidence to be entered that the lower judge would not allow.
    So not being an attorney, my “legal” advice is that you find a good attorney.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.