Shipping companies

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Shipping companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    salamander
    Participant

We are looking into shipping things to Costa Rica and want to know if anyone has comments about particular companies. We will be shipping from Miami if we decide to do it. THanks for any input!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

It really doesn’t matter where you ship from. Arranging a container to be delivered to your home, getting it onboard a ship, and getting it into port in Costa Rica are very routine matters for anyone in the business.

The difficulty comes in getting your things through Customs and in having the local resources to warehouse them, if necessary, and to deliver them to their ultimate destination in Costa Rica. That’s where local knowledge, experience and contacts are invaluable.

Two shipping companies based here can make all the arrangements for you and give you a firm price that includes Costa Rican Customs duty. Both have good reputations.

ShipCostaRica is one. E-mail Arden Brink at:

arden@shipcostarica.com

The other is Logistics Management Associates. E-mail Mike Rappaport at:

rappmike1@aol.com

costaricafinca
    Participant

I would recommend [url=http://www.solutionscostarica.com/relocating/]Charles Zeller,[/url]
    Toll free from USA and Canada: 1-866-245-6923

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricafinca”]I would recommend [url=http://www.solutionscostarica.com/relocating/]Charles Zeller,[/url]
    Toll free from USA and Canada: 1-866-245-6923
    [/quote]

I agree that Zeller is very good. He moved us here and resolved all problems with customs.
    http://www.solutionscostarica.com/relocating/

pebo1

Although we moved here from Asia our receiver here was Mundiales a very large professional company. They helped with their own customs broker and devalued our household items fairly. I didn’t like paying duty on used items and even freight charges but that’s CR and the price of moving here.

I heard excellent recommendations about Charles Zeller as he is very experienced and provides that personal assistance, would use him next.

VictoriaLST

Charles Zeller:
    Ship to Costa Rica SA
    34 years moving people
    Toll free from USA and Canada : 866-245-6923 Costa Rica Phone : 506-2431-1234
    Customs brokers – Freight Forwarders – ISMP 15 crating – SJO Airport Parking
    Storage – Car shipping – Boat shipping – Full container loads – Less than Container Loads
    Pickup and Delivery all over the Continental USA.

salamander
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Charles Zeller:
    Ship to Costa Rica SA
    34 years moving people
    Toll free from USA and Canada : 866-245-6923 Costa Rica Phone : 506-2431-1234
    Customs brokers – Freight Forwarders – ISMP 15 crating – SJO Airport Parking
    Storage – Car shipping – Boat shipping – Full container loads – Less than Container Loads
    Pickup and Delivery all over the Continental USA.
    [/quote]Thanks to all of you for the help! Will contact Mr. Zeller. Thanks again!

johnnyh

I’m in Southern California. Anny recommendations?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Where you’re shipping [u]from[/u] doesn’t matter. Take one of the recommended companies and they’ll do the rest.

aguirrewar

get a quote from all these companies and then DECIDE what to do

Sailor

Thanks for the recommendations. I will be shipping a vehicle and container in three months. After some research, I will be retaining Zeller.

marianneleyh

[quote=”salamander”]We are looking into shipping things to Costa Rica and want to know if anyone has comments about particular companies. We will be shipping from Miami if we decide to do it. THanks for any input![/quote]

I can say without a doubt one company NOT to use is FLAMINGO CARGO (flamingocargo.com)- they are based out of Miami. We shipped our items with them. Nothing arrived and we have been trying to collect on the insurance we paid without success. When we had our lawyer in San Jose check into them it turns out they are not registered with customs in Costa Rica or the US.
    They had us hoodwinked by saying it was CR Customs holding everything up and kept assuring us that the items were safe and would be delivered.
    We lost most of our years of travel memorabilia in that shipment. Our fault for not having looked into them closer, so we are trying to put out the warning to others about this company.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.