Remembrance Day

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Remembrance Day

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

Thanks to all veterans and still serving members of the Armed Forces.
    [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/costaricafinca/Poppies.jpg[/img]

sprite

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Thanks to all veterans and still serving members of the Armed Forces.
    [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/costaricafinca/Poppies.jpg[/img][/quote]

while we remember the killers, let’s also rember their civilian victims. War today kills more civilians than assasin soldiers .

*Lotus

while we remember the killers, let’s also rember their civilian victims. War today kills more civilians than assasin soldiers .[/quote]

That’s just down right nasty Sprite. Attack the governments and their policies, but leave the working men and women of the armed services alone…some day you may need them.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I, too, am disgusted with [b]sprites[/b] response.

sprite

[quote=”costaricafinca”]I, too, am disgusted with [b]sprites[/b] response.[/quote]

You guys don’t get a pass on this one. I am probably equally disgusted and offended when others honor people who serve an evil purpose. While I sympathize with young, naive men and women who are sucked into putting on uniforms and taught the despicable trade of maiming and killing other people, I sure as hell don’t feel obligated to “honor” them for this.

Perhaps pity is a more applicable emotion since many of these poor individuals end up taking their own lives after participating in the murders they were brainwashed into carrying out.

Spin it any way you wish, the ultimate decision to put on a uniform and kill is made by individuals. Shame on you for blaming a government. Governments are a known abuser of people and the only way they can get away with wars is by the acquiescence of INDIVIDUALS who are fanatical patriots or apathetic citizens. I have no compulsion to honor weak-minded or despicable behavior by others.

And shame on you for one more reason; The real victims of wars are the civilians not carrying guns, most of whom are women and children. Have you celebrated a memorial for them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.