Problem when posting

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Problem when posting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

After writing a post, I go to review it, it ‘disappears, so is anyone else experiencing this problem?

rosiemaji

Yes. If you take too long to write the post, it times out. If your post is long or needs editing time just write it in a word document and then copy and paste it to the post box. I don’t know the exact time-out time but it has happened to me. If you are writing a post and you get interrupted or it has taken a fairly long time to write, you can copy and paste the post to a word document just in case it disappears and then you can paste it back into the box if it does disappear.

costaricafinca
    Participant

No, these were quite short posts, but thanks for your response.
    I have noticed in the past, that long posts do require signing back in.

Andrew
    Keymaster

In the [url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?threadid=DA1E7EFE-24E8-5ED2-F1A1E8337391A36C
    ]Discussion Forum Guidelines here[/url] you’ll see:

“To avoid losing everything when the system “times out”, it’s always best to type up your response in some kind of text editor on your own computer first and then when you are completely finished, simply copy and paste it into the relevant Forum thread.”

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I don’t dispute what you’ve said, Scott, but I have also never followed that advice, and I’ve never had the problem under discussion. Something I do do, however, is get to a certain point in my composition and then click on “Preview” to admire my work. I wonder if that helps?

Otherwise, fall back on the traditional standby and blame the user.

costaricafinca
    Participant

What was happening was that when finished and I hit ‘preview’ to vet my mistakes, the text seeming to ‘fly off the page…’:roll:
    It did this 2 or 3 times. Then, I made sure to copy what I had written.
    BTW, later on, the posts appeared on the forum, where I edited it to say ‘duplicate’
    Seems OK now.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Whenever I encounter one of those duplicate entries, crf, I delete it in my capacity as assistant subdeputy undermoderator.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.