Pet stores in San José

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Pet stores in San José

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    salamander
    Participant

We are going to be in the San Jose area and want to know where some good pet supply stores are located.

Thanks for any info.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You will find a few listings when you search online for tiendas de mascotas en san jose, costa rica

Scott

LivingLifeInCR
    Participant

[quote=”salamander”]We are going to be in the San Jose area and want to know where some good pet supply stores are located. [/quote]

AgroEscazu in Escazu Centro (on the north street [East-bound direction]) across from the church – on the is a store for everything from Pet Supplies to Garden things but they have THE BEST PRICES I’ve found on many of the DOG FOODS (& cat foods) many of us North American’s are used to!!

I was Pet Sitting with a family in Escazu that bought NutriSource Dog food from PetsMarket. Knowing they are one of the most expensive stores around, I called the Costa Rica Distributor of NutriSource and asked for a list of other stores selling NutriSource.

When I heard that AgroEscazu (up across from the church in Centro) had it – I got EXCITED as I knew they have the BEST PRICES on all things Pets!!!

EXAMPLE:
    PetsMarket – 18 kilo bag = 41,740-c ($76)

AgroEscazu = 30,850-c ($57)
    PLUS they give a 5% CASH DISCOUNT!!!! Made it just 29,307-c ($54)!!!

The 3 kilo bag was 8,500-c ($15.65 + the 5% discount) (the PetsMarket bag did not have a price on to compare it to)

So I got BOTH bags of dog food at Agro Escazu for just 37,382 ($68.84) with the 5% discount!!
    That’s LESS than the ONE 41,740 ($76) big bag at PetsMarket!!!

They also have the HIMALAYA medicines for 1,000-2,000-c a bottle less than I had paid for the Liv bottle!

And they have a good English-speaking Vet on premise for LOTS cheaper than many of the other English-speaking Vets – Jesus Calderon with Tamux Medicina Veterinaria

HOURS: Monday-Friday – 8am-12pm/noon & 1:30-6pm (CLOSED FOR LUNCH) & Saturday – 8am-noon??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.