Know of any good Shamans?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Know of any good Shamans?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

We are getting married in Costa Rica this December and are looking for someone to marry us. So here’s the deal, they don’t have to be able to legally marry us we can take care of that back home. Our family’s are Lutheran and Catholic neither one of us practices Christianity in a traditional manner. We would not be opposed to a Christian oriented person, but most Christians would not be comfortable working with us as we definitely don’t believe that Salvation is only possible through Christ. So without out turning this into a whole religious thing here, we are looking for someone with a spirtual dare I say new age background-Buddhist would be nice or a liberal Christian based ideals that would love to wed two people very much in love.
    we are not new age types per se..I have some interest in Tibetan/Zen Buddhist teachings, Gnostic Christianity, indigenous peoples shamanism and more general teachings by people like Tolle and Jon Kabbat-Zinn etc. So if you know of some beautiful human being that would like to participate in our ceromony please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

bradbard

I’m sure ‘Kenneth’ could help you with that couldn’t he?

*Lotus

One of your shorter posts, but I almost spilled my coffee laughing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have spent the last 45 minutes trying to find something appropriate to recommend to you online Lotus unfortunately without success…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I keep getting spam offering on-line/no-study degrees. Maybe I should see if any of them offers one in theology, Lotus. We could split the cost. My religious orientation is much like your own, so I’d be comfortable to work up something Zen/Buddhist, Norse pagan, animist, Rastafarian, or whatever you’d like.

We could even do the deed on the beach somewhere, if you wish. Of course, you’d have to put us up for a few days, just to get acclimated. And I’d need some time to grow dreadlocks, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I don’t know if this is exactly what you guys are looking for but if you Google ‘chaman costarricense’ or ‘chamana costarricense’ (Costa Rican shaman) you will find the following people.

1. Nicole Perla del Rocio – Mujer chamán, terapeuta toque terapéutico, intuitiva medica, instructora, conferencista y guía espiritual turística

[ http://terapiaalternativa.net/nicoleperlarocio.html ]

Nombre: Nicole Perla de Rocio Thomas Gerber
    Telefono: 2290-1845
    Celular: 8363-0478
    Email: bluestar2054@yahoo.es
    Direccion: SanJose, Rohrmoser Embajada Estados Unidos 100 N, 100E, 25N Atenas, Barrio Los Angeles

2. Chamana/lahochi Jacqueline Gibbs Ila Hamsa Aton

[ http://terapiaalternativa.net/ilahamsa.html ]

Nombre: Chamana / Lahochi Jacqueline Gibbs Ila Hamsa Aton
    Telefono: 506-2262-3533
    Celular: 506-8866-0036
    Fax: 506-2256-1748
    Email: kaliyahg@yahoo.com
    Direccion: La Buena Hierba, Paseo de los Estudiantes
    Terapias: Ella practica La Luz Angelical, La 13ava Octava LaHochi, Manifestación Acelerada, Hipnoterapia Clínica, Aromaterapia, Esensias Florales, Sanación Vibracional, Chamanismo, Método Melkizedek y Problemas Educativos.

3. Luis y Elena Ganesh
    Nombre: Luis Francisco Torres Gonzalez
    Celular: 88620209
    Email: luiselenaganesh@gmail.com
    Direccion: Santa Catalina, de la D Square 400 N y 50 E No M24

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

ed f

No one can accuse bradbard of lacking a sense of humor —

*Lotus

David I must say this is a side of you I have yet seen, not really sure just how firmly the tongue is inserted in cheek? But either way i like it! Listen if you are serious lets talk…Not sure who is crazier you or me?

*Lotus

Scott yes I also was un-able to find much on line other than some “official officiants” lol. Some of this looks promising…Muchas Gracias senor!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Lotus, if you are even willing to consider ME to officiate at a religious ceremony, the answer to which of us is crazier must, must be abundantly apparent.

The possibilities, however, are intriguing . . . I’m sure we could find a traditionally painted Costa Rican oxcart and team of oxen to pull it. A ginned watermelon is a given. The symbolism of doing it a dawn is obvious. Maybe Scott or another Forum member could put us onto somebody who could provide an ostrich. And (am I belaboring the obvious?) total nudity is a foregone conclusion. Oh! and a sack race . . .

And, if you like, I could do the ceremony in my faux cleft palate Boston accent.

Edited on Aug 12, 2008 05:50

*Lotus

DM with that last post you just won the “crazy” contest.

anneliseped

My daughter and son-in-law were married back home but had their marriage blessed and celebrated at the Tabacon. We are also Lutheran and Pentacostal and found that the minister at the Episcopalian Church in San Jose was willing to travel and bless the marriage in the garden near Arenal. Ministers of non-Catholic churches are not allowed to ‘do’ a legal marriage in Costa Rica, so the practice of a marriage performed in a lawyer’s office and later blessed by the minister is common.
    Many hotels and resorts now arrange this type of celebration for foreigners.
    Good Luck and God Bless.
    AnneLise

upe

Lotus,
    My daughter is connected with some Carlos Castaneda savvy folks in Texas and Ecaudor. I’ll ask her. In the meantime, you might try contacting some of these Tico based Intentional Living communities. If anyone would know a good Tico shaman it would be them. This is their directory.

http://directory.ic.org/intentional_communities_Costa_Rica

I wish you the best.

Cheers,
    Enrique

*Lotus

Thank you.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Okay, okay . . . So December has come and gone and we’ve heard no update on the nuptials. So what’s the deal? Did you get married or not ? If yes, where’s the video, Scott? If no, was it the input from this forum that scared you off?

I want you to know that I even went to the effort to get an authentic recipe for tres buzes, the traditional Costa Rican wedding dessert, in anticipation of being called upon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.