Import duty on an electric tricycle?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Import duty on an electric tricycle?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    editer

So I’ve found a nice little property in Perez Zeledon. It’s right next to the Monte General shopping mall with paved streets between my property and the mall. My 92 year-old mom will be with me. I would like to buy her an electric tricycle so that she can ride to the stores whenever she wants to. If I buy a trike up here for about $4k, would the import duty be the same as for other vehicles? If the cost of the trike doubles, it wouldn’t be worthwhile to bring one down. In that case, what are the options for buying a similar mode of transportation in Costa Rica?

Thanks for any help.

editer

terrycook

Hi there, I was in C.R. this past year for 3 plus months and personally saw several “bike” shops that had electric bicycles. I did not look for electric tricycles but am quite sure they could be ordered by one of these shops.
    Good luck
    Terry From Texas

editer

Thanks Terry,

I’ll bet they’re a lot cheaper down there, too.

Frank from Chicago

Rscruggs
    Participant

I am trying to buy a motorized wheelchair or sometimes called a “scooter” for a family in Costa Rica and have it shipped. My Tican friend checked on the import duties for me and he was be told it would be 15% for this type of vehicle.

terrycook

Hi rscruggs…I sent a reply but it did not get posted so I will try again…I bought a bicycle from Mongoose at a store called Alien Scooters…electric transportation I believe a U.S national chain. their main source appears to be Currie Technolgies inc…Chatsworth C.A. main phone 818-734-8123 toll free…800-377-4532… I was very happy with my purchase and think they may be able to help you.

Terry from Texas

editer

Thanks rscruggs. 15% would be reasonable for this type of vehicle.

Frank

terrycook

Frank…here is another lead that I just thought of…may be you have already been there….TheScooterStore@bowleeng.com. I do not know anything about them but have seen their ads on T.V. Hope this might be of some help
    Terry From Texas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.