Heredia real estate

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Heredia real estate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nomad

I am also looking into moving to CR. in the near future, I have met some nice people by visiting businesses in San Jose. I plan on renting
    so I can search for property, I like Heredia, because the air is cleaner, water fresher and only about 15 minutes from San Jose. I also know I prefer the mountains over the beach. I have gathered alot of information if you want to contact me.

deborah

Andrew
    Keymaster

Like you, I prefer the mountains to the beach too…

But would you please share with us the difference between the real estate rental prices that you have seen in ‘which’ areas of Heredia, in comparison with other areas like Escazu for instance.

I have made these comparisons before that my data is a bit old now and would love to hear your findings.

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jasman

I am particularly interested in any firm data you may have about Heredia, as that is where I am going to start my own search for a place to stay in Costa Rica.

I like warm days and cool evenings, not too much humidity, mountain views and proximity to all the services. Heredia seems like a good place to start.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The day/evening temperatures you are looking for can be found in many different places in Costa Rica…

You can practically choose your own weather in Costa Rica (except snow) simply by looking in areas with a specific elevation and with 112 (I think) volcanos across the country, there’s a few elevated areas.

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

nomad

I have looked into buying until just recently and will be returning to CR soon to look at rentals,there is such a wide range of prices depending on condo/home/gated or not.
    I found a development called Zurqui Hills near Che Tica Ranch, I love the location but it seems very pricey at $75.00 a Sq. meter. Do you know anything about this place? I will post my findings on rentals after I get back..My friend that lives in Heredia says I should plan on spending about $400.00 a month minimum????

nomad

jasman,

I liked Heredia but think it just might be a little more humid than say Escazu, I guess it depends on your interests. Most ladies like shopping and the great shopping malls are in Escazu. I think it is a bit cheaper in Heredia since Americans seem to really love Ciudad Colon, Santa Ana & Escazu which are very beautiful. It took me a couple of trips to decide but budget is definetly a consideration.
    When do you plan on going down there?

deborah

jasman

One of the things that attracted me to Heredia is that it is NOT Escazu. Escazu is the “Beverly Hills” of Costa Rica. Not interested.

I have lived in Fresno, California for the past 20 years. From a cost-of-living standpoint, I would rather live in Fresno than Beverly Hills. And, I’d rather live in Heredia than Escazu.

I read that someone wanted to find a place in a gated community with 24-hour security.

Be careful what you wish for.

Martha Stewart once said that she wanted to live in a gated community with 24-hour security. She got it, but it wasn’t what she expected.

😉

Edited on Feb 10, 2006 19:43

nomad

jasman,

I agree, that is also why I don’t want to live in Escazu. However, I also know I want to be no more than 30 minutes outside of San Jose.

suzecurley

i stayed in a small pueblo named san joaquin des flores, 10 minutes by bus to heredia, 1/2hour to san jose–definitely not beverly hills, it’s quiet, with good climate and nice views of the mountains…

nomad

What was the size and how much did it cost?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.