Drivers License

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Drivers License

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaT

Is it true that you have to leave the country every three months to keep your CR drivers License valid????

rosiemaji

No that is not true. If you have residency (either temporary or permanent) and a valid driver’s license from another country, you can get a CR driver’s license. That license has an expiration date on it. If you only have a foreign driver’s license, it is only valid for 90 days. Then you need to go out of the country for the 90 days to start over. If you have applied for residency but have not gotten it yet, you still have to go out of the country every 90 days to re-validate your foreign driver’s license.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Duth”]Find a good regular taxi guy(pirate) and cut a deal with him.Make sure he’s referred by several others.

Don’t waste your time with a car and the nonsense that goes with it here.
    I spend about $350-400/month. It’s a bargain.

One little problem with a vehicle and the dirtbag(expert mechanic) with the hammer and tube of silicone will suck that out in 2 or 3 days.
    If you’re a mechanic go for it. If not ? RUN.
    Then retive time…..there’s an adventure. It’s like a colonoscopy but less fun.INS is another complete joke of an insurance scam.

Always remember. If you don’t ever complete anything…..or purposely don’t do it right from the start,there will certainly be more work tomorrow.
    That’s how Ticos justify their employment-existence.That’s why the phones don’t work, the internet is sketchy, the electric flashes on and off, the water is scary at best, the roads are in constant dis-repair,the caja ran out of your medicine, the stuff you’ve been using for months or years no longer makes it’s way to the supermarket shelves, you go for an appointment and that person isn’t there. “Doctors” included.

It’s also why the very best ones only get $8 or so an hour. They’ll fool you for a little while(OOOOO he’s GREAT). THEN ? Ben Dover.:shock:
    Pura…whatever.
    How about the recent website changes at BCR ? Prime example.[/quote]

Duth, are you as miserable and unhappy in real life as you are on this blog?
    If so, I suggest that you find somewhere else to live, or at least some other blog to share your unhappiness!:cry::cry:

VictoriaT

[quote=”rosiemaji”]No that is not true. If you have residency (either temporary or permanent) and a valid driver’s license from another country, you can get a CR driver’s license. That license has an expiration date on it. If you only have a foreign driver’s license, it is only valid for 90 days. Then you need to go out of the country for the 90 days to start over. If you have applied for residency but have not gotten it yet, you still have to go out of the country every 90 days to re-validate your foreign driver’s license.[/quote]

Thank you! That is the information I had that I was told was wrong. Once again, this site has saved me 🙂

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”costaricabill”][quote=”Duth”]Find a good regular taxi guy(pirate) and cut a deal with him.Make sure he’s referred by several others.

Don’t waste your time with a car and the nonsense that goes with it here.
    I spend about $350-400/month. It’s a bargain.

One little problem with a vehicle and the dirtbag(expert mechanic) with the hammer and tube of silicone will suck that out in 2 or 3 days.
    If you’re a mechanic go for it. If not ? RUN.
    Then retive time…..there’s an adventure. It’s like a colonoscopy but less fun.INS is another complete joke of an insurance scam.

Always remember. If you don’t ever complete anything…..or purposely don’t do it right from the start,there will certainly be more work tomorrow.
    That’s how Ticos justify their employment-existence.That’s why the phones don’t work, the internet is sketchy, the electric flashes on and off, the water is scary at best, the roads are in constant dis-repair,the caja ran out of your medicine, the stuff you’ve been using for months or years no longer makes it’s way to the supermarket shelves, you go for an appointment and that person isn’t there. “Doctors” included.

It’s also why the very best ones only get $8 or so an hour. They’ll fool you for a little while(OOOOO he’s GREAT). THEN ? Ben Dover.:shock:
    Pura…whatever.
    How about the recent website changes at BCR ? Prime example.[/quote]

Duth, are you as miserable and unhappy in real life as you are on this blog?
    If so, I suggest that you find somewhere else to live, or at least some other blog to share your unhappiness!:cry::cry:[/quote]

Perhaps a little over the top… but unfortunately he makes a couple of valid points. The trick is laughing about the bad stuff and figuring out a work-around as he apparently has done with his transportation situation. Remember folks… this ain’t Kansas… there will be some bumps and curves on your path here in paradise! The right attitude and a little laughter goes a long way in smoothing out the ride!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.