Dog Breeders – JR Terriers

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dog Breeders – JR Terriers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    grb1063

Can anyone recommend or know of a respectable Parsons “Jack Russell” Terrorist (Terrier) breeder in the valley.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I LOVE these dogs too…

I did a quick search online and found an advertisement

[ http://alajuelacity.olx.co.cr/jack-russel-terrier-iid-71680246 ]

… for pedigree Jacks for sale and included their telephone numbers:

Se entregan con vacunas, desparasitados y certificaciones del pedigree del padre y la madre. Teléfonos 560 8991 9910 and 506 2444 8341

Unfortunately I can NOT see how old that ad’ is ….

Good luck and PLEASE email me some photos….

Scott

lewkeim

Altough I can not recommend a local breeder…I can add a “tail” and suggest that Jack Russels should be required to have warning labels!

Mine was a Huricane Katrina victim, held for ransom and caused me to fall through the ceiling after he CLIMDED the ladder to our attic….THE STORIES SEEM ENDLESS..
    I tried to put the best to pen and if you are Jack Russel friendly you may enjoy my first ATTEMPTED short story..
    BY the way the items above didn’t make it into the story..
    (Excuse the format)
    [url=]http://luigi.smugmug.com/Pets/A-waste-of-a-good-miracle/953001_m5cr9#43797974_EXUQb-X3-LB[/url]

grb1063

We had three; we lost our 10 y.o. male to cancer while my wife and newborn baby were in Costa Rica last November. He was a rescue from a couple who had him as their first dog and was abused. Not the breed for a first dog. My wife’s male is 16 y.o. and we have a rescue female who is 5 y.o. We absolutely love the breed. I like dogs you can have a conversation with and they understand. They are highly intelligent, very loyal and protective, extremely mischevious and can be very nasty when in a hunt and kill mode. We have been to the vet several times with puncture wounds. Their canines are as big as a dog 5 times their size and they are not afraid of anything. Even child proof latches on cabinets are not a challenge for them. They also can open doors by jumping to hitting the lever with their paws. We live in the woods with fenced in 5 acres in WA which is devoid of rodents. All of them have gone through agility school, the oldest has been in field trials and the female will have her first field trial in August.

We plan on moving to Costa Rica within 5-10 years and want to continue to have our canine family, thus the interest in breeders. I have seen several in the Escazu area and one in Montezuma, the two places we frequent the most.

Scott, I will send pics as soon as wife downloads them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.