Can someone explain the difference between a “Rentista” and a “Pensionado”?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Can someone explain the difference between a “Rentista” and a “Pensionado”?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

Or direct me to a link that explains the difference between a “Rentista” and a “Pensionado”. Thank You.

Andrew
    Keymaster

In the case of the Pensionado Category, pension income of a minimum of US$1,000.00 per month must be shown from a recognized pension source for life.

In the case of the Rentista Category, investment income of a minimum of US$2,500.00 per month must be shown for a period of at least two years. These financial amounts include a married couple with minor children.

Scott

costaricafinca
    Participant

Check this this [url=http://costaricalaw.com/costa-rica-legal-topics/immigration-and-residency/costa-rica-approves-a-new-immigration-law/]]link for good information[/url].

As a [i]Rentista[/i], $2500 will be automatically deposited every month into your ‘living expense’ account. The health care costs could more than double, approx $220, than that for [i]Pensionado[/i] (with the minimum, declared amount $1000 PM) and if under 55, quadruple that, at as much as $450 a month.:cry:

* There is [i]very specific wording[/i] required for [i]Rentista[/i] from the financial institution, that many refuse to use, for an application to be accepted by Immigration.

A second $6OK deposit is required, after two years, if you wish to continue with the residency process. The financial institution is required to be on the ‘Polk’s list’, so not just any bank will be acceptable to Immigration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.