CAJA rates have risen…

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum CAJA rates have risen…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

Just to forewarn those who haven’t yet paid this month.
    Seems to have gone up, approx 18%-20% 😥

Andrew
    Keymaster

I pay a few different CAJA accounts each month for myself and for a few good friends who are not in the country at the moment and the increase on the accounts I paid a few hours ago was 23 – 24%

That’s no small increase…

costaricafinca
    Participant

The prior report said it was going to be 12%….

Andrew
    Keymaster

What report was that? Do you have a link for us?

costaricafinca
    Participant

[url=http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nacion.com%2F2012-10-05%2FElPais%2FTrabajadores-independientes-y-asegurados-voluntarios-deberan-pagar-mas-a-la-CCSS.aspx%3Futm_source%3DRSS_Feed%26utm_medium%3DRSS%26utm_campaign%3DRSS_Syndication&anno=2]Today’s La Nacion[/url]

barbara ann

For the two of us it went from 31:? to 39 each a month. We just paid this week.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Puzzling….

Raising it from 31,000 – 39,000 is also about 25% so if they are saying it should have been a 12% increase then something is out of whack here…

I will try and find out …

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]Puzzling….

Raising it from 31,000 – 39,000 is also about 25% so if they are saying it should have been a 12% increase then something is out of whack here…

I will try and find out …
    [/quote]

yep… I was paying 14960 per month for years and now I am paying 17650 per month. this includes my wife and 3 kids.. so still not too shabby 🙂

one of the last perks this country offers..

cannot wait to see how obamacare rolls out

camby

any way to pay while here in USA, with no property, residancy,etc? Nto sure if could lock in or at least something?

costaricafinca
    Participant

No, one is required to be a resident.

Why would you even consider ‘locking’ into CAJA rates, when you have not made any definite intentions to move here?

Have you read the requirements for living here, [url=www.residencyincostarica.com]Residencyincostarica[/url]?

According to a friend who posted elsewhere, as of last month, those who came here as a recent [i]Rentista[/i] and who paid $230 based on their $2500 that is transferred into their account, and [i]Pensionados[/i] who receive a minimum of $1000 were paying $120, both 12% of their ‘income’. I do not know whether this rate has been increased.

Those of us who moved years ago have a much better rate, and I have no problem with the increase, but for those who will be required to pay, so much more when they, like many of ‘us’ may tend use CAJA for only emergencies and pay ‘out of pocket’ for private care.

maravilla

just paid my caja. it went from C19,575 to C24,200. we started at C16,000 4 years ago, so we’ve had a 50% increase in those 4 years. previous years it was only C2000 or thereabouts. it’s still a deal.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.