An Extremely Important Message For All US Citizens Living in Costa Rica, in the USA or Anywhere - Your Lifeboat Strategy!
An important message from the desk of Mark Nestmann, LLM, author The Lifeboat Strategy
As the empire crumbles, how will you protect your wealth and privacyFrom marauding government?
The U.S. government, most state & local governments are broke!Your unprotected wealth is in their sights.
Everything from your house to the cash in your pocket,They can legally take it all!
But starting right now I'm going to show youHow to protect your wealth and privacy... while you still can.
Dear Exposed American,
I know it's hard to believe when I say that the U.S. government can legally seize everything you own. But it's true.
Using an obscure legal process called "civil forfeiture," the government can seize cars, cash, bank accounts, coins, even your home. You don't have to be arrested, charged, or convicted of any crime. All the government needs to do is show probable cause that your property was somehow connected to, or facilitated a crime.
Perhaps a drug trafficker snuck onto your property and planted marijuana there. Guess what? If the cops find out about it, even if you never knew it was there, you could lose the entire property to civil forfeiture.
Or maybe your neighbor borrowed your car. You're a nice guy, so you said "sure, go ahead." Unknown to you, your neighbor used your car to pick up a prostitute or commit some other crime. Thanks to civil forfeiture, you could lose your car in this or a similar situation.
And civil forfeiture laws are merely the tip of the iceberg. Quietly, with little or no notice from the press or anyone else, the government has systematically enacted a series of laws and legal doctrines to separate honest Americans like you from their hard earned wealth. The USA Patriot Act is but one example... there are MANY others.
Civil Forfeiture is Only the Beginning...
It's not just the government either. On every front, 24 hours a day, you and your wealth face threats of an intensity that would have been unimaginable only a few short years ago. A sinister marriage of law and technology has made the pervasive and continuous surveillance that George Orwell warned of a reality. Identity thieves, greedy lawyers and the government have been quick to exploit this fast-evolving global surveillance network:
- Data thieves can hijack your PC with easy-to-use hacking tools that even a 10 year old can master. After stealing your log-on passwords, they can drain your bank accounts.
- If someone has a grudge against you, he can learn whether you're "worth suing" with a few clicks of a mouse. Hundreds of Web sites offer asset tracking services to find your real estate ownership records, bank account balances, and much more.
- Secret government data mining programs monitor your personal and financial activities 24 hours a day for "suspicious transactions." One oversight becoming friends on Facebook with a suspected terrorist, withdrawing too much cash, unknowingly renting property to someone with a criminal background, etc., and you could find yourself under arrest and your assets frozen.
- The U.S. Treasury is laying the groundwork to impose a 30% withholding tax on many money transfers outside the USA. When these rules come into effect in 2013, they will make it much more difficult to move your money abroad and escape the sinking U.S. dollar.
That's the sad reality. But fortunately you CAN fight back.
First, you need to know is what banks, data aggregators and the government consider "suspicious" so you can avoid raising your profile unnecessarily.
Second, you must understand that it's still perfectly legal to create what I call "lifeboats" of wealth and privacy that are practically invulnerable to snooping and next to impossible to seize.
In a moment, I'll show you some simple strategies you can use immediately to counter these threats to your wealth and privacy. But first, let me introduce myself, and show you exactly what you're up against...
My name is Mark Nestmann. I'm the founder and president of The Nestmann Group, Ltd., a consultancy that focuses on wealth preservation and international tax planning solutions.
I hold a Masters of Law degree in international tax law from the Vienna University School of Business and Economics. I'm also a widely published author and a member of The Sovereign Society's Council of Experts.
For 25 years, I've documented the escalating threats to wealth and privacy that we face on every front, and devising original and totally legal strategies to deal with them. (But don't take my word for it... read what the experts say about me in the sidebar below.)
The Four Threats You Must Overcome to Protect Yourself
Are you prepared to deal with today's threats to wealth and privacy?
- The computer found you guilty. How do you plead? Incredible as it may seem, your bank and broker no longer owe their first allegiance to you, their valued customer. Over the last 40 years, behind closed doors, the federal government has instituted a series of laws and regulations that require banks and brokers to spy on you. Sophisticated software is now in place to conduct such surveillance. And if the computer deems your transactions suspicious, your bank or broker may be required to freeze your entire account. There's no warning, and you have no access to your own money! And under the civil forfeiture laws I've already described, even if authorities never charge you with a crime, they can still seize the entire contents of your account.
- Frivolous lawsuits America's new favorite pastime. Sue happy lawyers file more than 50,000 lawsuits each week in the USA. These same lawyers collect more than $160 billion each year in damages and fees. And today, lawyers don't need to go down to the county courthouse to find out what you own. They can locate almost everything you own in the USA at the click of a mouse through any of hundreds of asset tracking services. And, heaven forbid your lawsuit goes to a jury with the power to award "punitive damages." If the jury doesn't like your attitude, your appearance, or just wants to teach you a lesson, it can award punitive damages many times the actual loss alleged by the person suing you.
- The U.S. government declares war on your personal wealth. In the aftermath of the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, the U.S. government has enacted laws and put into effect little known emergency regulations that have turned our beloved Constitution and Bill of Rights on its head. Anti-terrorism laws now give your government the power to seize all your assets, imprison you indefinitely, and never even charge you with a crime! Hundreds of suspected terrorists or terrorist sympathizers have been secretly detained without being charged with any crime.
- Identity theft is at an all-time high. With this simple yet sinister crime, criminals steal your personal information and then use it to apply for credit or other benefits. But, you're the one that gets stuck with the bill! In 2010, more than 250,000 Americans made a formal complaint alleging they had been identity theft victims. Yet, that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. A recent Harris poll revealed that a shocking 33.4 million Americans (about one in nine) have been victims of identity theft or credit card fraud.
The New Government Land Grab For YOUR Property
In recent months, it's become increasingly obvious that the United States is on a slippery slope to financial catastrophe. The mainstream media can no longer ignore this impending disaster. That's what's driving the current debate over the federal budget.
Will we have $1.5 trillion annual deficits? Or will it be $1 trillion? It really doesn't matter, because even if Congress cuts the budget by $500 billion annually, unfunded liabilities to Medicare, Social Security, federal pensions, and much more are now approaching $100 trillion.
These obligations will never, ever be paid in dollars worth close to what they now. To insure that they are paid at all, the Federal Reserve will need to engage in round of round of "quantitative easing." That means much higher inflation in the years ahead.
Inflation, though, may be the least of our worries. That's because there's simply no way the government can keep sending out checks without tapping new sources of revenue.
And one of those new sources of revenue is a dramatic expansion of civil forfeiture a legal procedure with which I have personal experience...
You May Think You Own Your Home... But You're Wrong!
It all started in the early 1990s, in the middle of a correction in the real estate market. And just like about everyone else at that time, my wife and I were attempting to sell our home in South Florida.
With no offers in hand, we decided to just rent the house out and wait until the market picked up a bit. In the meantime, I accepted a job in Chicago, far from south Florida.
As absentee owners, we rented out the house through a property manager who supposedly checked out our prospective tenants. Only, she didn't do a very good job of it. After only two months, the rent checks stopped coming in. After receiving nothing but excuses from the agent, I flew down to Florida to evict my dead-beat tenants and sell the house for whatever I could get.
And that's when I learned a very valuable lesson that turned into the inspiration for the creation of what I call my "Lifeboat Strategies."
When I arrived in Florida, I discovered that the property had been trashed. Our hand-picked tenants had parked abandoned cars in the yard. The pool was green and the interior of the house was filled with garbage.
I put up a "for sale" sign the next day. In the meantime, I started cleaning up the house, a huge task, given the damage the tenants had caused.
And that's when it happened. The first people to come view the house were uniformed police officers; one male and one female. I thought they were prospective home buyers. When they asked if they could "look around," I told them to help themselves. They were cops, and I believed I had nothing to hide. But I was wrong: while they were touring the house, they found an empty vial in one room.
When they came back out to the living room, the woman showed me the vial. She asked me if I knew what it was. I told her I had no idea. She then reached into her pocket and took out what looked like a medicine dropper. She squeezed out a few drops into the vial. The fluid in the vial changed color immediately. This, she told me, was a positive test for the presence of cocaine.
Your Property is Under Arrest!
The officers believed me when I told them I had no idea that my tenants were using cocaine. And they assured me they wouldn't arrest me for drug possession or any other crime.
But they did have some bad news. It turned out that police had suspected for some time that my tenants were dealing drugs from my property. They had even notified the property manager, but she never bothered to tell me about the problem. Now, with the vial, they could prove drugs were consumed on the property.
But, rather than charging my tenants with a crime, they told me they would go to court to get permission to seize my house! They even told me they could seize the rent checks we had received from our tenants, since I had supposedly "laundered the proceeds of crime."
When I expressed disbelief, the female officer told me I should consider myself lucky that they weren't going seize the entire bank account I deposited the checks into. (Turns out they couldn't have done it very easily, although today, the seizure process is much more streamlined.)
In effect, my house was under arrest.
I couldn't believe it. I didn't know that our tenants might be drug dealers. And I sure didn't know that I didn't have to be found guilty of a crime to lose my property. Or that the fact that we used a property manager to rent our house didn't protect me.
"Policing for Profit" is Official Government Policy
And don't forget, that was 20 years ago, when our government was relatively solvent and not so desperate for revenue. Today, governmental bodies at every level - local, county, state, and national are presiding over a vast expansion in this obscure legal procedure:
- In Colorado, the National Guard recently received approval to participate in, and profit from property forfeitures.
- In Houston, customs officials are now confiscating gold and silver coins from anyone who fails to file an obscure form from the Census Bureau when they leave the USA.
- A federal appeals court recently ruled that police could confiscate $124,700 in cash from a motorist stopped by police in Nebraska. The government alleged the cash was connected to a narcotics transaction, but prosecutors never accused any of the owners of the seized currency of any crime. Nor did police find any drugs, drug paraphernalia, or records connected to the seized currency that would indicate a narcotics conspiracy. Under this theory, cops can seize cash from anyone, allege that it's drug related, and keep it.
- In Missouri, cops seized an entire 352-acre parcel used for a music festival. They alleged that concertgoers used illegal drugs on the property. Under this theory, police could probably confiscate the property of every music festival in the country.
In all these examples, the police agencies that made the seizure got to keep most of the money confiscated. Their motive is "policing for profit," not to make Americans safer. In effect, civil forfeiture laws convert the police into bounty hunters!
The implications of this official policy are terrifying. It means that revenue hungry state and local governments and of course the federal government are actively seeking assets to confiscate. And your unprotected wealth is the target.
How can I be so sure? Because...
If You're a Citizen, You're a Suspect
You're a target because you fit at least one profile that courts throughout the USA have confirmed give the government the authority to search and seize your property.
If you fit ANY of the profiles below, get ready to turn out your pockets, because you could be next:
- Having a pale complexion.
- Having a dark complexion.
- Having a Hispanic appearance.
- Acting nervous.
- Acting calm.
- Carrying $100 bills.
- Carrying $50 bills.
- Carrying $20 bills.
- Carrying $10 bills.
- Carrying $5 bills.
- Wearing perfume.
- Having window covering that hinders someone from peering inside a residence.
- Owning a dog.
- Driving a rental car.
- Driving with an unfolded road map.
- Having fast food bags on a car floor.
- "Scrupulous obedience to traffic laws."
- Flying to or from any city.
- Buying a one-way ticket.
- Buying a round trip ticket.
- Buying a first class ticket.
- Flying nonstop.
- Changing planes.
- Having no luggage.
- Using a telephone soon after leaving an airplane.
- Walking quickly.
- Walking slowly.
- Looking at a police officer.
- Not looking at a police officer.
- "Looking around at other people."
And this is just a partial list! There are dozens more profiles I could include as providing probable cause to search and seize your property. Our court system has essentially declared that any action or behavior gives the government the right to search and seize your property.
What's more, the Supreme Court has officially approved this policy, repeatedly! For instance, more than 20 years ago, our highest court declared that the government has a legitimate financial interest in maximizing forfeiture to raise revenue.
And don't think for one second that the government doesn't know exactly where you keep your money. Obscure laws with names like the "Bank Secrecy Act" ensure that the government knows your bank balance, where you maintain a safety deposit box, what you spend, how much your home is worth, and much more.
Combine this "global surveillance infrastructure" with laws like the International Economic Emergency Powers Act, which gives the government the right to seize everything in an emergency and you'll begin to understand what you're up against.
Learn the Secrets of Hiding in Plain Sight
Fortunately, there are solutions you can put to work right now, to protect yourself. For 25 years, I've been researching and writing about them. More recently, in my private practice, I've helped hundreds of clients and their families protect their privacy and wealth from these very threats.
The secrets that I've uncovered can literally mean the difference between your financial life and death.
And now more than ever, you need a practical strategy to protect your wealth and privacy. You need techniques that can legally make your wealth disappear off the government's radar screen, that can stop identity thieves before they start, and help you stealthfully and legally avoid unnecessary attention from the IRS, crooked lawyers and anyone else looking to take what's rightfully yours!
The essence of this "Lifeboat Strategy" is to live such a low profile existence that a potential snooper won't see anything unusual on the surface and will never bother to look any deeper.
Your Lifeboat is Waiting - Get on Board
My newly updated book, THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, distills more than 20 years of my research into wealth and privacy preservation techniques into three volumes comprising a total of 415 pages. It's not written in "legalese," but in language you can understand and put to work immediately to protect your wealth and privacy.
These are the same strategies, by the way, that hundreds of clients have gladly paid me thousands of dollars each to help put in effect. But, thanks to THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, you can put to work the same techniques and strategies I reveal to my private clients for just a fraction of what they pay.
Here are a few examples of the strategies I discuss in THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY:
- Make it impossible for the government to prevail in a civil forfeiture. Most civil forfeiture laws have what's called an "innocent owner" defense. If you can prove that you did everything reasonably possible to prevent the illegal use of your property, it's very difficult for the government to seize it through civil forfeiture. For instance, if you're a landlord, simply inserting a clause in your tenant's lease prohibiting any unlawful use of the property will go a long way toward establishing this defense. You'll learn more about this concept in Chapter 4 of THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY.
- Protect yourself from foreign exchange controls. Moving a portion of your wealth outside the United States can help protect your wealth. But, with multi-trillion dollar deficits and a collapsing dollar, there's no guarantee you'll be free to move your wealth offshore in the future. Foreign exchange controls have a long history. And while they've never been imposed in the United States, you'll learn in Chapter 2 how the president can put them into effect at the stroke of a pen. But in Chapter 5, you'll learn how doing something as simple as purchasing real estate in another country can make that part of your portfolio virtually invulnerable to exchange controls.
- Shut the door on frivolous lawsuits. One of the simplest ways to prevent frivolous lawsuits is to make certain that any assets you own are pledged to another person or entity. A mortgage on your home is one example, but there are many others. A more sophisticated strategy involves licensing key aspects of your business to another company, with your business making regular (and tax-deductible) licensing fee payments. Perhaps that second company is owned by an asset protection trust. The result: your business is no longer a "honey pot" for litigation. You'll learn more about these concepts in Chap-ters 4 and 5.
- Restrict access to your electronic data. It's easy to protect your electronic privacy by taking a few basic precautions. The most fundamental precaution is encryption. With an encryption program, no one but you and your intended recipient can read your e-mail messages, text messages, instant messages, etc. You can even encrypt your entire data stream to protect all records of your online life from prying eyes. You'll learn how in Chapter 3.
- Protect your assets from divorce. The riskiest thing most of my clients do is to get married. And of course, not marrying is the safest way to prevent a nasty divorce. But most people get married anyway. One of the best ways to protect your finances in a marriage is a trust. Set it up before you get married, ideally in an offshore jurisdiction that doesn't enforce foreign divorce judgments. Pre-nuptial agreements can be effective as well although not all states recognize them. You'll learn more about these arrangements in Chapters 4 and 5.
Hundreds of "Lifeboat Strategies" You Can Put to Work Today to Protect Your Wealth and Privacy
Within the pages of THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, you'll also learn:
- 19 types of public records available to anyone used to steal your identity (Chapter 1).
- The 10 worst electronic eavesdropping threats (Chapter 2).
- Do you fit the definition of a "terrorist?" If you are a member of any of these organizations, you may (Chapter 2).
- Tax avoidance vs. tax evasion -- what's the difference? (Chapter 2).
- If you fit any of more than 60 profiles your assets can be seized without being convicted of a crime (Chapter 2).
- Are you a "racketeer?" If you've ever made this simple mistake, you probably are (Chapter 2).
- How withdrawing lawfully earned money from your own bank account can land you in prison (Chapter 2).
- The secret global network that monitors all international telecommunications (Chapter 2).
- Six legitimate ways individuals use offshore centers (Chapter 5).
- 27 strategies to prevent identity theft and five steps to take if you're a victim (Chapter 3).
- What to do if police want to search you, your vehicle, or your home (Chapter 3).
- How to avoid looking like a "money launderer." (Chapters 4-5)
- 14 ways to preserve postal privacy (Chapter 3).
- Eleven ways to achieve "residential anonymity." (Chapter 3)
- 23 tactics to audit-proof your tax return (Chapter 3)
- Nine tips for private banking (Chapter 3).
- Six gold and silver investments you can buy and sell privately (Chapter 4).
- Nine hiding places for your valuables (Chapter 4)
- An ideal business for privacy seekers (Chapter 4)
- 19 ways trusts protect privacy and wealth (Chap-ter 4).
- Using corporations, limited liability companies, and other business entities to shield wealth and privacy (Chapter 4).
- Three types of international bank accounts--which one is right for you? (Chapter 5).
- An anonymous offshore safety deposit box (Chapter 5).
- How to legally move money (including gold and silver) discreetly across U.S. borders (Chapter 5)
- How to legally and permanently eliminate the right of the U.S. government from taxing your income or estate (Chapter 5).
- U.S. laws for reporting wealth held internationally and six investments you can legally hold offshore without telling the IRS about it (Chapter 5). (Be careful, though... the rules are constantly changing and you do need to report any income or gain from your offshore investments.)
- Low cost alternatives to offshore trusts (Chapter 5)
- How to structure offshore businesses to legally defer profits from U.S. taxes (Chapter 5).
- 10 tips for private banking (Chapter 3)
- 23 strategies to prevent identity theft (Chapter 3)
- Eight ways to achieve residential anonymity (Chapter 3)
- 19 ways trusts can protect your privacy and wealth (Chapter 4)
- 22 tactics you can use to audit proof your tax return (Chapter 3)
Special Bonus Report: How to Choose Your Own Safe Haven Offshore
And, that's not all. In a special bonus report accompanying THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, I'll show you how to build your own safe haven offshore. In this report, you'll learn:
- 11 countries best suited for wealth preservation
- Which countries offer the most to prospective immigrants?
- How to legally purchase a second passport and why you might want to.
- In the current economic crisis, which "asset havens" will surviveor not?
How to Build Your Lifeboat Strategy
Don't put it off any longer. Maybe you haven't been a victim of government pilfering, frivolous lawsuits, or identity theft yet--but you could be the next target.
Now, more than ever you need a practical strategy to help safeguard your wealth and privacy against the "global surveillance infrastructure" THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY documents.
If you tried to compile all of the expert advice that's contained in THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, you could expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees at $300-$400 an hour. And if you tried to get this information by attending wealth preservation seminars you could expect to pay upwards of $5,000 not including your travel expenses and you would still only get a fraction of the protection I'm offering you today.
What could this information be worth to you? $5,000? How about $1,000? Well, you won't pay any-where near that amount for the hundreds of wealth-shielding techniques I reveal in THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY.
In fact, this three-volume, 415-page book is available for only $149, plus $15 shipping. You can also order it as an e-book, and avoid shipping costs. I think you'll agree that's a small price to pay when you consider the state-of-the-art techniques and tactics that THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY provides.
Your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed
You risk nothing. Order THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY today. Keep it for 30 days. Look through it. Study it. If you're not completely satisfied for any reason simply return it for a 100% refund. No questions asked and no hassles. What could be fairer than that?
Don't wait a moment more to get the protection you need. Just follow the link below to order your risk free copy today. Let me show you step-by-step how to develop your own impregnable defense against today's threats to wealth and privacy.
Mark Nestmann, LL.M.
P.S. The threats to wealth and privacy are constantly evolving, and strategies to deal with these threats must evolve as well. That's why when you purchase a copy of THE LIFEBOAT STRATEGY, you're entitled to down-load updates to the book as they become available. That way, you can be sure the strategies you are relying upon represent the latest, most current information available.