Do not use Ship To Costa Rica by Charlie Zeller if you want an honest shipper

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Baxter and Ann 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Baxter and Ann
    Participant

We shipped our furniture and car to and fron Costa Rica using the company “Ship to Costa Rica” ran by Charlie Zellar. Some damage down and some missing items we never recovered. Coming back to the states several items were destroyed and after several months of haggling with him, including my resorting to exposing him on facebook, he agreed to pay. He asked for our bank account info in order to wire the money. That was one month ago. He has not paid, has blocked my email and will not return calls. This is all to common with dealings with ticos. They have no qualms lying to you, getting your money and then renigging on their promses.

Good luck with any dealings you may have with them.

costaricafinca
    Participant

We have used Charles Zeller multiple times, and have always received good service. We have recommended his company many times and have never heard bad reports from those who have then used it.

Baxter and Ann
    Participant

How many times has he shipped for you “back” to the states? No one is perfect in anything, are you? We just happen to be victims of careless repacking of our goods from the ship container onto the upack truck that delivered to our home. Mr. Zeller agreed to pay us .60 per pound of all damaged goods, not from insurance but standard practice if damage occurs by shipper incorrectly packing goods. A fraction of the cost to replace but our fault for not insuring.

He is on record saying online facebook that he would pay. He sent me an email asking for my bank info so he could wire the money…a month ago! All this proof i have. Then he blocks my email just recently. So, perhaps you should ask him why he is mistreating and lying to us and has never done so to anyone else.

FYI, several people have expressed to me similar experiences received from mr. Zellers ship to costa rica!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.